The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

The Marco challenge...

HwyStar
    Admin

The Marco challenge...

Post by HwyStar on Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:50 pm

Hey Dudes and Dudettes!

I have a challenge for you.  

If you can get your GM to sound as good as this...  And, you can make a video of you playing this well...  Then you can have the pride, satisfaction and knowledge of knowing that you rock the house down!

I was communicating with a business associate today in Italy and his name is Marco and that got me to quickly thinking about Marco Sfogli.  He is a genius guitar player from Italy.

Here is a video that I have listened to and studied for several years.  His style is not pushed, is fluent and precise and a pleasure to watch and listen to.

Copy him and this video and you will be at the top of 221 players (H & K forum users)!

Good Luck and have fun with this!  If anyone does post a link to a video, be gracious and supportive with your replies to them.  You won't see any videos of mine online or here.  I suck!  affraid

VoodooJeff

Re: The Marco challenge...

Post by VoodooJeff on Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:09 pm

Easily one of my favorite players. A little more mellow than Andy James, very melodic. His tone in that vid is very near to Andy Timmons` tone.
    Raf0419

Post by Raf0419 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:35 pm

Well that is certainly something to strive towards!
    HwyStar
    Admin

Post by HwyStar on Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:03 pm

I've been working on this song again.  Tough song to play correctly.

Right now my GM36 is at my house in Virginia and I am spending most of my time in Nevada.  I pulled my Pete Thorn Suhr PT-100SE amp out of the box and am trying to match Marco's sound with this amp.  It's okay but not a match in gain and tones.

Can anybody dial in Marco's tone and gain with their GM36?  If you can get it dead on I would really appreciate it if you could post your settings.  I totally suck at setting EQ on amps.  I have never been good at it.

Of all the YT videos I have watched over the years this video's sound is what captivates me the most. His other recordings of the same song have a little less in the treble settings. I would dial in the treble with about 1db less of the treble or maybe the presence control? Like I said, I suck at EQ!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:34 am