The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Grandmeister 36 feedback with boost engaged on lead and ultra channel

psykobou
    psykobou

Grandmeister 36 feedback with boost engaged on lead and ultra channel Empty Grandmeister 36 feedback with boost engaged on lead and ultra channel

Post by psykobou Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:44 pm

HI i'm new to this forum

I recently purchase a Grandmeister 36 with a TM212

When i use the lead and the ultra channel with boost i have a lot of feedback

It is normal ?

My gain knob is about 1/4

Thx !!!!
    VoodooJeff
    VoodooJeff

Grandmeister 36 feedback with boost engaged on lead and ultra channel Empty Re: Grandmeister 36 feedback with boost engaged on lead and ultra channel

Post by VoodooJeff Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:04 pm

A lot of things affect feedback. If you`re sitting in front of the amp with fairly hot pickups in it then yeah, it`ll feedback all day long. There is more than enough gain in this amp to ever need the boost more than sparingly. I use it,but only on one or two patches. If you`re going for a super-saturated tone, bump the channel gain a tad and turn off the boost. Can`t guarantee it`ll be what you`re after but you may be pleasantly surprised. My theory has always been to let the amp do what it`s circuitry is meant to do before manually introducing a signal boost. If your gain is at 1/4 you`ve got a LOT of saturation in reserve, untapped.

Yes, feedback is normal unless you`re 50` from the amp and facing away from it LOL. (yeah, yeah...we could split hairs but most will get what I mean). Try the suggestions above and see what happens, let us know the results. If you like it, cool. If not, I`m sure someone else will chime in with equally effective yet different perspective.

Oh, and welcome aboard Smile

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm