The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

+4
Egads
yoMuzicMan
HwyStar
Acid Test
8 posters

Grandmeister Preset List?

Acid Test

Grandmeister Preset List? Empty Grandmeister Preset List?

Post by Acid Test Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:39 am

Did Hughes and Kettner publish the settings for the default presets of the amp? I can't find the list and would like to know the settings for each preset.
    HwyStar
    HwyStar
    Admin

Grandmeister Preset List? Empty Re: Grandmeister Preset List?

Post by HwyStar Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:15 am

sina likes this post

Acid Test

Post by Acid Test Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:02 pm

HwyStar wrote:Here you go:

A bucket load of thanks to you!!!
    yoMuzicMan
    yoMuzicMan

Post by yoMuzicMan Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:37 pm

Anyone know whey this guide stops at preset 68 even though there are 128 presets? I don't have an iPad, so I'm blind to the names and settings. I have the foot controller, but it only provides the bank number.

I wish they would make a Windows application for this. I've asked this on the H&K Facebook page. Sounds like it's on their wish list.
    Egads
    Egads

Post by Egads Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Yeah, and a droid app! They mentioned an iPhone app is on their wish list. Maybe others are, too.
    HwyStar
    HwyStar
    Admin

Post by HwyStar Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:04 pm

No clue why it stops at 68 Ral. I was able to find all my presets from 29 on down so I never thought to look further.

Maybe the laser printer ran out of paper when it was printing to the pdf driver?   Cool

Lobo13

Post by Lobo13 Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:36 pm

I don't want to sound anal retentive about this, but I have been doing my research and have one of these bad dogs on order. I expect it to be in on Wednesday. I have been wanting to set up my MIDI board I did not buy the H&K foot switch. There does not seem to be a #40 preset listed on the preset list from the H&K site. Did you all know this? and do any of you know what the #40 preset is? 39= "country boy1" and 41 is "running on the moon". I just thought H&K may want to update thier information online since it apears to be missing some data.
    Egads
    Egads

Post by Egads Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:37 pm

Hey Lobo13,

Welcome to the club. The amp is really impressive. If you like the feature set, I'm sure you'll love the amp. It does what it promises.

#40 is Country Boy 2. I'm not hooked up to the amp, so I can't tell you the difference between Country Boy 1 and 2. I don't know if H&K checks the forum often (or ever) for info like this. They have been pretty responsive to e-mails, though.

Let us know what you think when you get the amp. I think we're all interested in hearing user's experiences with different cabs and speakers (this amp is more sensitive than most others I've played in regard to speaker choice). Let us know what works.

Cheers.
    Lobo13
    Lobo13

Post by Lobo13 Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:05 pm

Cool, TY very much. I have been a TM 36 owner for a year now and I was a bit upset when the grandmeister came out. After getting the TM 36 I was like, I wish it had this or that, and then 6 months later BOOM!! the grandmeister came out. mixed emotions of anger and joy. I just traded the TM 36 in to get the new grandmeister. I don't have an I- pad, and I did not purchase the 432 MKIII pedal, but have a MIDI device I am going to set the presets up on and then tweak, delete & create. It appears that many of the presets have real utility, unlike many other manufactures presets. I have a POD HD 500 and not more than 3% of the 180 or so presets were very useful, just like my old digitech multi effects pedal. Is this real or perceived on my part? H&K really has a musician in mind on everything they do. Seems rhetorical but it is a different way than much of the industry. Opinions welcome  cheers 
    Egads
    Egads

Post by Egads Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:56 pm

I think there ARE a lot of useable presets. I tweaked a couple to suit my gear/ear, but mainly built mine from the ground up. Like all multi-effects gizmos, the programmers spend too much time playing with slight variations of super high gain. The amp has such an amazing foundational tone that you can do so much with. I think you'll like the warmth and depth, compared to the TM.
    trb

Post by trb Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:02 am

yes very usable presets I found. I mainly tweak the gain (often too much) and volume. BMT Prs, Res. to taste to fit my 2*12 & 1*12
    limedrop

Post by limedrop Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:06 pm

Hey there, I've listed out all the presets to use as a "quick reference".  Which ones are you using and for what?  It would be great to document how these match to playing style/song.  For example, if you wanted to do some chunky palm-muted rhythm which preset would you go to before you started tweaking? When would you use Hot Crunch 1 rather that Hot Crunch 2?  That sort of stuff.  Any starters?

1 1 A Super Clean
    2 1 B Fat Clean
    3 1 C Bluesy Clean
    4 1 D Crunchy Clean
    5 2 A Clean Brett
    6 2 B Rhythn Crunch
    7 2 C Fat Crunch
    8 2 D Boosted Crunch
    9 3 A Low Gain Classic Lead
    10 3 B Boosted Classic Lead
    11 3 C Fat Classic Lead
    12 3 D High Gain Classic Lead
    13 4 A Classic Metal
    14 4 B High Gain Metal
    15 4 C Modern Metal
    16 4 D Deep Metal
    17 5 A Chorus Clean
    18 5 B Rotor Chorus Clean
    19 5 C Clean Flanger
    20 5 D Clean Phaser
    21 6 A Space Crunch 1
    22 6 B Space Crunch 2
    23 6 C Flanged Lead
    24 6 D World of Lead
    25 7 A Sixties Tremolo Crunch
    26 7 B British Tremolo Crunch
    27 7 C Shine on Like Crazy
    28 7 D Crunchy Flanger
    29 8 A Ultra Power Chord
    30 8 B Ultra Modulation
    31 8 C Small Ultra Deep
    32 8 D Ultra Deep Space
    33 9 A Dream Bell
    34 9 B Warm Cave
    35 9 C Funda Mental
    36 9 D Spirit
    37 10 A Fat Clean Drive (Single Coil)
    38 10 B Voxx Like  (Single Coil)
    39 10 C Country Boy 1 (Single Coil)
    40 10 D Country Boy 2 (Single Coil)
    41 11 A Running on the Moon (Single Coil)
    42 11 B You Too (Single Coil)
    43 11 C Volume Swell Pad (Single Coil)
    44 11 D Arpeggio Rick Chords (Single Coil)
    45 12 A My Tremolo
    46 12 B My Chorus
    47 12 C Funky phaser
    48 12 D Clean Flanger
    49 13 A Crunch!
    50 13 B Hot Crunch 1
    51 13 C Hot Crunch 2
    52 13 D Classic 2nd
    53 14 A Classic Lead
    54 14 B High Gain Solo 1
    55 14 C High Gain Solo 2
    56 14 D Ultra High Gain Solo
    57 15 A Modern Metal Rhythm
    58 15 B Modern Metal Lead
    59 15 C Paradise Clean
    60 15 D Paradise Rhythm
    61 16 A Paradise Lead
    62 16 B Black Hole Clean
    63 16 C Black Hole Weird
    64 16 D Bombtrack
    65 17 A Good Love
    66 17 B Love Solo
    67 17 C Modern Rock Rhythm
    68 17 D Modern Rock Lead

sina and DaMang like this post

Lobo13
    Lobo13

Post by Lobo13 Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:18 pm

I did the same thing.  I wrote all the presets out on a excel spreadsheet in order to keep track of what I thought worked with what.  Now I'm with EGADS.  I tweaked so many settings they are not even close any more.  I have 3 main guitars and I am setting up my MIDI board with tone to suit each of them.  I am so far down the GrandMeister rabbit hole that I can't speak intelligently to your request on presets.  BTW EGADS asked in a separate post about rigs and cabs to discuss how the GM reacts with none H&K cabs.  My rig & guitars:  LP Standard for classic rock and everything LPs do, A Flying V for metal and thrash and a 63 reissue ES-335 for blues and clean stuff.  I have the GM with a midi board and a 2x12 cab with a Celestin green back and a Celestin gold in it.  They are wired in series to 2 separate jacks so the can be played separately as 1x 12 8ohm or 2x12 16 ohm.  pretty versatile set up.  As far as tone goes I was a bit disappointed at first I was having a difficult time getting things to sound good.  I play in the attic and the room sucks for playing, but being married with kids I have to do my part.  Now that being said a week into it I went to practice in the big room we play in and WOW, the GM really blew me away when I was able to crank it up in a proper room.  Hats off to H&K on this head.  There is not a better product for the price that I have seen or played.  OK now I'm ranting, sorry guys.  TRB, Lime drop and EGADS please tell me what your favorite chunky rhythm preset is or type in the settings and I will do the same.  Thanks,

Last edited by Lobo13 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    trb

Post by trb Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:22 am

hi all
    very pleased to exchange on these points.
    Well to play with the band, I'm using :
    - guitars: Agile LP 3100 with modded Pups (BNK Mule neck, KC SUper Graal bridge), Hagstrom viking deluxe tremar, modded Pups (Tonerider Rock song neck&bridge)
    - Palmer cab 1*12, eminence Wizard

I use the presets 32th based on the following factory presets (from your list Limedrop), to have 4 tones:
    - A Clean : based on fat Clean bank 1,B
    - B Crunch: based on bank 2,B
    - C disto: based on 3,A
    - D warm lead: based on 4,C

When I'm saying "based on", I mean I tweaked mainly the gain knob, and a bit of presence/resonance. There is always too much gain in the factory presets for my taste as I play from blues to hard rock. I modded the amp too, replacing the tube for warmer with less gain (see other posts) with JJEL84, and 2 * 12AT7 NOS + 1 JJ 5751.

I must say I have an cutting & warm crunch (used with guitar pots) and quiet a liquid & warm lead tone. I'm not making gigs, just reharsal with friends... simple & modest but so goooood !

Bruno
    limedrop

Post by limedrop Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:28 pm

Thanks for that - it's interesting to set how other a following such a similar path. I've been using 10 C as a super clean sound for rhythm, 10 B as a cleanish jangle, 3A for chunky rhythm, and 3C for lead. I've generally found that a lot of the distorted presets a great by yourself but just mush up when playing with the band. I've also found that the clean sounds don't really sparkle until the master is past 12pm...so I tend to set the power soak at 1 or 5 watts and then crank up the master. And it's still mighty loud even on 1 watt. I'm using a 1x12 open back with an emm c-rex.
    trb

Post by trb Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:04 pm

hi guys

where can we get the factory presets file ?
    limedrop

Post by limedrop Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:03 pm

What do you mean by factory presets file? If you mean a description of all the settings, then you'll find that at the link that HwyStar posted at the top of this thread.
    trb

Post by trb Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:35 am

ok I mean the file that can be saved/loaded with the Ios App, as a backup of all the fatory preset banks.
    limedrop

Post by limedrop Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:36 pm

You don't need to backup the factory presets file...you can get them back by doing a factory reset on the amp itself. From the manual...press "Store" and "FX Access" simultaneously while powering the amp up using the Power/On switch. Both buttons will flash three times to indicate a successful reset.

Just remember to use the iPad/Andriod app to backup your current settings first.
    trb

Post by trb Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:10 am

U'r  Right, thanks !! shame on me, didn't read enought the manual...
    Soon I'll get a Ipad mini and I'll back up my current modified preset (just few), revert back to factorys' and back up them to be able to reload some of them if needed.
    '77LS-500
    '77LS-500

Grandmeister Preset List? Empty Manual wording for Factory Reset

Post by '77LS-500 Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:15 am

I bought a used GM36 last week. I would like to try a factory reset but the wording in the manual makes me think it may wipe out even the factory presets: "Caution: Please note that this procedure is a last-resort option. It will reset all settings, including the 128 MIDI-switchable presets (chapter 2) and the basic MIDI configuration (chapter 8.1)."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:32 am