The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

Can't seem to Reset Tubemeister 36 Combo to Factory Default

robmakesmusic

Can't seem to Reset Tubemeister 36 Combo to Factory Default

Post by robmakesmusic on Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:17 pm

Hi all and thanks for any suggestions

Having some issues with my MIDI configuration and want to delete and start over but when I follow the manual's instructions for performing a factory reset, the unit does not respond as suggested.

To reset the amp to the factory default settings, press and hold the MIDI LEARN and FX LOOP On buttons simultaneously for five seconds until the MIDI LEARN button lights up. After you release MIDI LEARN button, it will flash once to confirm that the reset has been executed properly.

When I push the MIDI Learn and FX Loop On buttons simultaneously, the MIDI Learn button flashes after about 2 seconds and then never lights up again after 5 or more. When I then release the MIDI Learn button, nothing happens and the unit is still responding to its previously learned MIDI messages.

Hoping someone can help with this as I really need to figure out if I'm doing something wrong or the unit needs to be serviced.

watersnake

Re: Can't seem to Reset Tubemeister 36 Combo to Factory Default

Post by watersnake on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:19 am

Hi there,

I do not own a tubemeister, but my suggestion is:
    the manual's instructions for performing a factory reset are not correct,
    at least in the english section.
    The manuals's instructions in german section are bit different.

That means imo, first of all, you should switch the amp off with the mains switch.
    Then press and hold the MIDI LEARN and FX LOOP On buttons simultaneously.
    While holding the two buttons pressed - switch the amp on with the mains switch.
    Hold the two buttons for about five seconds until the MIDI LEARN button is flashing.
    Then release the buttons.
    Hope that helps.
    robmakesmusic

Post by robmakesmusic on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:13 pm

watersnake wrote:Hi there,

I do not own a tubemeister, but my suggestion is:
    the manual's instructions for performing a factory reset are not correct,
    at least in the english section.
    The manuals's instructions in german section are bit different.

That means imo, first of all, you should switch the amp off with the mains switch.
    Then press and hold the MIDI LEARN and FX LOOP On buttons simultaneously.
    While holding the two buttons pressed - switch the amp on with the mains switch.
    Hold the two buttons for about five seconds until the MIDI LEARN button is flashing.
    Then release the buttons.
    Hope that helps.
    Hey snake!

Well, I was all set to post a gushing thank you reply as what you suggested makes perfect sense. Sadly, I tried it and got no different results.

Thanks for trying though. I'm sure I'm closer to getting it now than I was before. I have an e-mail in to H&K tech support and the recipient is out until Tuesday but hopefully something will come of that.

Cheers
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert on Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:44 am

I'm afraid I can't offer any suggestions as to a solution Rob but, if it's any help, I can tell you the quickest way to get a response from H&K is on their Facebook page. It has been reported by a few people that they are notoriously bad at responding to emails. If you get onto Facebook and search for 'Hughes & Kettner' and look for the one with 'Product/Service' next to an angled pic of a H&K amp with its blue lights on. On the left is a section for visitors to enter their comments. If you post it on their you usually get a quick response.

If I come across anything relevant I'll make sure to post it on here.
    robmakesmusic

Post by robmakesmusic on Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:56 pm

bordonbert wrote:I'm afraid I can't offer any suggestions as to a solution Rob but, if it's any help, I can tell you the quickest way to get a response from H&K is on their Facebook page.  It has been reported by a few people that they are notoriously bad at responding to emails.  If you get onto Facebook and search for 'Hughes & Kettner' and look for the one with 'Product/Service' next to an angled pic of a H&K amp with its blue lights on.  On the left is a section for visitors to enter their comments.  If you post it on their you usually get a quick response.

If I come across anything relevant I'll make sure to post it on here.
    Thanks for the suggestion bordonbert, the automated e-mail response I got suggested I'd hear back from them a couple days ago but nothing so far. I'll head off to facebook now and see if I have any better luck.

Cheers!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:40 pm