The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

Storing Presets

Phryght

Storing Presets

Post by Phryght on Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:43 am

So...trying to store some presets. I do not have the FSM controller. I am using my Fractal Axe-FX and MFC controller to simply send MIDI channel program changes to the GM40. No effects or anything at this point from the Fractal.

So Preset 1 on my Fractal changes to Preset 1 on the GM40.

It seems to save all of my settings/preferences, however, the effects are NOT engaged. It stores the correct settings as far as the effect parameters, but they just are not turned on when I recall the preset...
    Something I need the FSM controller for?

I can save power soak, channel, boost, gate, everything.... it stores the parameter for the delay I set, it's just not ON when I change back to the preset.
    Phryght

Re: Storing Presets

Post by Phryght on Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:48 pm

Phryght wrote:So...trying to store some presets. I do not have the FSM controller. I am using my Fractal Axe-FX and MFC controller to simply send MIDI channel program changes to the GM40. No effects or anything at this point from the Fractal.

So Preset 1 on my Fractal changes to Preset 1 on the GM40.

It seems to save all of my settings/preferences, however, the effects are NOT engaged. It stores the correct settings as far as the effect parameters, but they just are not turned on when I recall the preset...
    Something I need the FSM controller for?

I can save power soak, channel, boost, gate, everything.... it stores the parameter for the delay I set, it's just not ON when I change back to the preset.

So. I think the issue here is that the Fractal Controller is sending much more than just a program change. It must be also sending CC messages/parameter values, etc, even though I can't seem to find where. I connected my DAW/audio interface to the GM40 and just sent a standard program change and everything worked exactly as expected, so that makes me feel better. In a live scenario I wouldn't be using the Fractal to just change presets and would be using the effects from that so I don't see this as an issue. If I was using only the GM40 effects, I would probably use the FSM controller in that situation.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:51 pm