The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

TM36 Combo what guitar effect pedals are you using?

jerofender

TM36 Combo what guitar effect pedals are you using?

Post by jerofender on Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:34 pm

Hello guys,

I'm using a TM36 Combo for a couple of months now and I was wondering what guitar effect pedals you are using.
    I have a GM2 connected in the FX loop of my TM36 Combo but i'm looking for a bit more distortion and overdrive.
    What guitar effect pedals are working good with the TM36 Combo? Do guitar effect pedals work good on the lead channel also? I read some negative experiences with that on other posts.
    Is an Ibanez TS808 a good idea for example?

Thank you very much for your help!

regards,
    Jeroen
    Outliar Tom

Re: TM36 Combo what guitar effect pedals are you using?

Post by Outliar Tom on Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:12 pm

Hi Jeroen

I have a TM 36 head not a combo. I use the TS 808 a lot with the crunch channel. I think that combination gives a lovely smooth overdrive and as a result I never use the lead channel as this is good enough for me. I have a Soul Food pedal in my chain if I need a bit more boost on top of that. I don't much care for the Tubescreamer with the clean channel, though - a bit fizzy for me, and why woud you need it anyway. Maybe I'll try the TS 808 with the lead channel and let you know what happens Smile

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:47 am