The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Sending CC messages via midi

IanFeud
    IanFeud

Sending CC messages via midi Empty Sending CC messages via midi

Post by IanFeud Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:09 am

Hi guys

Just found this forum, so thought I'd join in!

Have had my Grandmeister for a few months now, but still getting to grips with the midi switching.

I have a quick question about sending CC messages from my Yamaha MFC10 in mix mode (half program change, half stomp box mode)
    The amp seems to recognise certain on/off commands eg boost and effects loop, but I can't seem to get it to turn on the modulation effects.
    The only way it seems to work, is if I have chorus on (for example) already programmed into the preset, I can then switch it off using the CC messaging, then back on. Do any of you know if the amp can be used to already have the preset off, but use the CC switch to turn it on?

Hopefully I've explained it well!

Thanks!

Ian
    Egads
    Egads

Sending CC messages via midi Empty Re: Sending CC messages via midi

Post by Egads Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:58 pm

Hey. Welcome.

I don't have a direct answer, but a couple thoughts. Controller number 52 is the mod on/off value. Have you tried that one? If not, how about triggering the mod intensity? I realize this might not be optimal, but might be worth a try.
    IanFeud
    IanFeud

Post by IanFeud Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:52 am

Thanks for the reply Egads!

Have tried controller 52 (I assumed this was the only way?), which is what's creating the difficulties with switching.
    Hadn't thought about the intensity though, will try that over the weekend, thanks for the heads up!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:18 am