The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

5 posters

Effects Always Come Up In The On Position?

Passerby
    Passerby

Effects Always Come Up In The On Position? Empty Effects Always Come Up In The On Position?

Post by Passerby Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:40 pm

So I set up a preset for a song, and in that song I use flange during the chorus. So when I go to the preset, I want my all my flange settings there, but I don't want it on yet. It seems the only way to set up effects if they all are set to 'on' when you bring up the preset. If I make all the settings, then turn the effect off, when you save it everything goes to zero as if there was never an effect set in the first place.
      I hope I am missing something here because loading a preset and then having to remember to shut off effects doesn't really work.
                      Mike S
    mlordin
    mlordin

Effects Always Come Up In The On Position? Empty Re: Effects Always Come Up In The On Position?

Post by mlordin Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:05 am

I recall a similar issue which I solved by saving the effects on and then turning them off during the PC change from my Midi controller.
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Effects Always Come Up In The On Position? Empty Re: Effects Always Come Up In The On Position?

Post by bordonbert Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:34 am

So as far as I am aware there is no switch to turn off the internal effects, they are turned off only by setting them to zero. So assuming I'm right in this you would need to create two patches, one with the effects off and the other with everything else set the same but with the effects on and toggle between them. With the FSM432 as the controller it's easy with the "4 voice = a bank" approach, I'm sure that won't be as convenient with some other MIDI control pedals but I can't see a better way. Hope it suits your own pedal choice. So maybe someone else has a more convenient approach, guys?

Rock On Humble Pie
    aenima
    aenima

Post by aenima Tue May 02, 2017 10:55 am

afaik you will need to use 2 presets, one with the effects on, one with the effects off.
    Syn666
    Syn666

Post by Syn666 Wed May 03, 2017 1:36 pm

aenima wrote:afaik you will need to use 2 presets, one with the effects on, one with the effects off.

That's how I do it, mainly for adding reverb or modulation effects to the Clean channel, or delay to the Lead and Ultra channels. With 128 memory slots there's enough room, it's just a matter of organizing and memorizing banks.
    mlordin
    mlordin

Post by mlordin Sat May 06, 2017 5:53 am

Midi CC 52 though 54 will toggle various effects on and off. I save the presets with the effects on in the H&K and during the Midi Program Change from my midi controller I also send a CC e.g. #52 with values 0 (if I recall correctly) to turn it off after the PC message. I also have toggle switches on my midi controller where I can toggle any amp effect on/off as I please once a patch has been selected. You do however need a midi controller that can send multiple messages in a sequence.
    aenima
    aenima

Post by aenima Sat May 06, 2017 6:02 am

Yeah, that's a nice workaround I've although thought about, but did not know if it would work. thanks for clarifying Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 pm