The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

Behringer FCB 1010 and GM 40 Deluxe?

Egnator2

Behringer FCB 1010 and GM 40 Deluxe?

Post by Egnator2 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:50 pm

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but I could not work it out from the documentation.

Am thinking of moving up to the GM 40 deluxe because of sound quality and also midi functionality - as I have a rack effects unit in addition to what the GM 40 provides. I notice that the default midi setup is 32 banks of 4 sounds. I already own BEHringer fcb1010 which operates in banks of 10 which I am quite used to for the way I work across multiple covers bands . Is the 32x4 setup fixed or can I still use banks of 10 from the FCB1010?

Many Thanks

W
    Hendock

Re: Behringer FCB 1010 and GM 40 Deluxe?

Post by Hendock on Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:04 am

The 32/4 setup is only the default setup if you use the Hughes&Kettner FSM 432 MKIII as it has the up and down switch to change the bank and the A, B, C and D switch for the preset. Actually it sends program changes to the amp to change the presets. You just need to send the program change (0 ... 127) via MIDI to change the amp's preset.
    According to the manual the Behringer FCB1010 can do that.

I recommend to prepare the presets with an USB MIDI interface and an app that provides you access to all parameters. There is a free windows app available under:

http://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-grandmeister-36/

You can edit the presets on you PC, store them in the amp and select them with you FCB1010.
    Egnator2

Post by Egnator2 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Thank you for the very clear reply. I understand completely, and it greatly helps my decison to purchase.Does the app access some paramaters that are not available from the GM 40 front panel?

"and an app that provides you access to all parameters"

Regards

Warren
    Hendock

Post by Hendock on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:16 am

Well, you have access to parameters like powersoak, global powersoak etc. which you don't have on the front panel. And you have DIRECT access to those parameters that you can only edit at the amp, if you press 'FX ACCESS'.

And you don't have to read out the stored knob settings by turning the knob until the light flashes. You see them directly in the app including the values (0...100 % respectively 0...255 MIDI digits).

And you can store literally an unlimited amount of presets on you computer to load them into the amp if you need them.

Regards
    Heinz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:51 am