The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

Retrieving/Editing the Libraries of the GM 40 Deluxe

solidwalnut
    solidwalnut

Retrieving/Editing the Libraries of the GM 40 Deluxe Empty Retrieving/Editing the Libraries of the GM 40 Deluxe

Post by solidwalnut Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:48 pm

So, is there a way to modify/load libraries to the iPad?

Thanks,
    Steve
    Hendock
    Hendock

Retrieving/Editing the Libraries of the GM 40 Deluxe Empty Re: Retrieving/Editing the Libraries of the GM 40 Deluxe

Post by Hendock Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:54 am

bordonbert
    bordonbert

Retrieving/Editing the Libraries of the GM 40 Deluxe Empty Re: Retrieving/Editing the Libraries of the GM 40 Deluxe

Post by bordonbert Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:35 am

So, as Hendrock has shown you and so as you have found from Fredo, so there is a version for the iPad and a PC. So I can vouch for the fact that the PC version by Fredo is a genuinely great piece of software and we are very lucky to have something that good completely free. So I'm not an "i" fan in any way, (others are and that's fine), so I stick to the PC version for editing and use an Android setup for live control, though if I'm honest I don't use my GM setup so much nowadays. So those two will do virtually everything you could want, particularly Fredo's app which is not trying to keep the fence secure and the boogeymen outside to preserve the isolation of it's native base system as all Apple stuff does. So the idea of having a text based file system alone is a Godsend. So it's all that was ever needed and they should have done that right from the start instead of going to Apple's awful version of XML!

Rock On Humble Pie
    solidwalnut
    solidwalnut

Post by solidwalnut Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:41 am

bordonbert wrote:So, as Hendrock has shown you and so as you have found from Fredo, so there is a version for the iPad and a PC.  So I can vouch for the fact that the PC version by Fredo is a genuinely great piece of software and we are very lucky to have something that good completely free.  So I'm not an "i" fan in any way, (others are and that's fine), so I stick to the PC version for editing and use an Android setup for live control, though if I'm honest I don't use my GM setup so much nowadays.  So those two will do virtually everything you could want, particularly Fredo's app which is not trying to keep the fence secure and the  boogeymen outside to preserve the isolation of it's native base system as all Apple stuff does.  So the idea of having a text based file system alone is a Godsend.  So it's all that was ever needed and they should have done that right from the start instead of going to Apple's awful version of XML!

Yep, I'm with you. I've always been a PC guy and always managed files through Explorer. Apples protection scheme doesn't work with me!

I started having a conversation with Fredo in another thread, and I'm starting to see the entire picture. Thanks for your explanation and your help. I'm like you. After I figure out and start using Fredo's PC version I might just drop the Apple version. Although I can see it being useful for making changes on the fly during practice or a gig. I'll probably keep my libraries in both formats for a while and see how it goes.

Steve
    solidwalnut
    solidwalnut

Post by solidwalnut Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:05 am

Hendock wrote:link

Thanks Hendock.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 pm