The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

How to connect the digitech trio+

j200george
    j200george

How to connect the digitech trio+ Empty How to connect the digitech trio+

Post by j200george Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:06 am

Hi guys, santa left an interesting present for me under the tree this year, Digitech trio+ looper pedal.

Its a good piece of kit especially for me as i am quite prolific in terms of writing riffs, chord progressions and changes but rarely can articulate it all properly to my band without a fight. This "band in a box" pedal allows me to easily capture and structure a song/ musical idea and play back to the band when we are together.

There are lots of review on line and henning does a really good in depth analysis on his youtube channel.

I am however struggling with how best to connect it to the GM40D.

If i connect as below I get a horrible squealing sound (not me trying to play some of the thrashy presets on the gm40 i may add)....

Guitar -> Trio+ Guitar In
    Trio+ FX Send -> GM40 Amp In
    GM40 Loop Send -> Trio+ FX Return
    Trio+ Amp Out -> Amp Loop Return

I therefore am not using it this way.... i do have a Fender Princeton 68 which i tend to use with my gm40 for a stereo pair when playing live. This allows me to record loops and have say the drum and bass from the trio+ remain unaffected by the gm 40 presets and for me to be able to record a rhythm part using one preset on the loop, then play a lead part over with a different tone (or overdubs on the loop).

Guitar -> Trio+ Guitar In
    Trio+ FX Send -> GM40 Amp In
    GM40 redbox out -> Trio+ FX Return
    Trio+ Amp Out -> fender princeton input

The difficulty i have is that in using this connection the gm40 gets none of the drum and bass or loop sounds it ALL comes from the pedal to the Fender princeton...

I think i would like to have it such that the drums and bass ONLY come out of the Fender princeton and have the looper parts and the live guitar parts I play being heard via my GM40D and TM112 speaker cab.

I guess this forum is not that busy so its a bit of a long shot, but as this pedal starts to get into the public domain a bit more one or two gm40 owners may come across this thread and comment. Hopefully.

Meanwhile i have emailed HK support for advice, and i will do the same to Digitech and see what they say. The manual provided is only a quick start and the on line manual plays little attention to alternative connections.
    j200george
    j200george

How to connect the digitech trio+ Empty Re: How to connect the digitech trio+

Post by j200george Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:28 am

I did a little tinkering with the connections.

trio + fx snd >>>> gm40d effects return

trio+0monitor out (or amp out >>>> fender princeton

guitar in >>>>> gm40d input

gm40d effects send >>>>> trio+ guitar in

This seems to be working best for me just now, but I am sure that there are other ways of doing it.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:16 am