The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

Can you reprogram an FSM432 mkII?

Anonymous

Can you reprogram an FSM432 mkII? Empty Can you reprogram an FSM432 mkII?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:01 am

I bought an FSM432 mkII to use with a looping program and it worked very well. All I had to do was select the function I wanted to use, then select the button I wanted to carry out the function and press 'save'. Easy peasy.

Now I want to use the footswitch to control a digital mixing desk (Midas MR18) and the midi commands in the mixer can't be edited. Is it possible to reprogram the midi commands in the FSM432? The manual is pretty vague.

Cheers
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Can you reprogram an FSM432 mkII? Empty Re: Can you reprogram an FSM432 mkII?

Post by bordonbert Tue May 08, 2018 7:44 am

Sorry for the late response Muzza, this is not an area I spend much time in and I just missed your post until now. As far as I am aware it isn't possible to reprogram the FSM432 MIDI commands themselves, at least without a heck of a lot of hacking and pushing new code down onto the chips which basically destroys the unit as it works currently.

This is the sort of project that a board like the Arduino and maybe a couple of supporting circuits could easily perform. That would mean having the ability to program the Arduino from scratch of course and it would be a long term project not just a ten minute tweak. If that sounds like it's up your street then I would have a quick look at that as a potential option. Here is a link to give you an idea of what can be done: Arduino MIDI Controllers

It depends how much of a DIYer you are. For myself, I love the idea of something I made being the base which I play from. I do think that most other people would be very lukewarm to the idea and will just shell out the big bucks automatically for a new bit of kit to do the job for them.

Rock On Humble Pie

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm