The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Fuzz Pedals for TM18?

AugustWest
    AugustWest

Fuzz Pedals for TM18? Empty Fuzz Pedals for TM18?

Post by AugustWest Thu May 10, 2018 2:54 pm

Hello Fellow H&K Users,

I have had the H&K Tubemeister 18 head for a few months now, and generally really like it. I mostly play clean, which is the reason I bought this amp. However, I do like playing through my Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi (fuzz pedal) on occasion. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting a good fuzz box sound out of the Tubemeister 18? Maybe I just need to try a different pedal. Everything I do either sounds fizzy or muddy with no sweet spot in between.

Thanks,
    Artie
    Artie

Fuzz Pedals for TM18? Empty Re: Fuzz Pedals for TM18?

Post by Artie Wed May 06, 2020 9:18 am

I usually find that the guitar controls make a bigger impact. I'f I use distortion, I tend to roll the guitar tone way down. Any distortion/fuzz pedal generates it's own high frequency harmonics by virtue of the quasi-square wave that it generates. By rolling off the guitar tone, the highs smooth out. Kinda the "woman tone" thing.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 am