The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

+27
jodumaje
drewzee87t
ronyx
Syn666
spikey
stargazer747
Adico
steve15366
NZ_Nick
xears
VoodooJeff
Fatjac
bordonbert
mmiddei
gravydb
djhollowman
namklak
jageya
granny36
streuth
trailride68
meph8
birkenhall
normula1
fredo
Egads
spk77
31 posters

PC and Mac editor available here !

Syn666
    Syn666

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 8 Empty Re: PC and Mac editor available here !

Post by Syn666 Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:30 pm

Any news on the updated software for the GM40 Deluxe? And does anyone know when will the GM40 REMOTE app for Android be released?
    fredo
    fredo

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 8 Empty Re: PC and Mac editor available here !

Post by fredo Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:40 am

Hi there !
    Just a word to tell you that I released the Mac version of the latest update (2.3) of the app yesterday.
    It's available here : http://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-grandmeister-36/
    Regarding the GM40 version, it's almost ready, but I'm waiting for H&K to send be a GM40 head to test and finalize it...
    Maybe it will come for Christmas !..
    Cheers,
    Fredo.
    ronyx
    ronyx

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 8 Empty storing & moving

Post by ronyx Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:47 am

Hi everyone...new GM36 user here I've downloaded the editor and I love it!

I play in a classic rock cover band and am used to having a unique patch (or two) for every song. (ex Line 6 guy)

My questions are;

1. I've created my own patches which are stored in the amp. How can I save all those patches to a library? (I'm assuming you can have more than one library file)

2. We rewrite our set cards once a month and move songs around. I understand I can move patches around in the library mode. My question is, once I've rearranged patches within the library, how do I load them into the amp?

Many thanks for the app!

fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:14 pm

Hi ronyx !
    Glad to ear you love the editor ;-)
    1. Simply use the "backup" button in the amp section (bottom right corner) an you'll be prompt for a location to save the file. This will create a .gm36 file that you can then load as any library fille.
    2. You can move patches around either in amp mode or in library mode using Copy (duplicate) and Move (exchange) buttons. To send the content of the library to the amp, you need to use the "Send to Amp" button.
    Best regards,
    Fredo.
    Syn666
    Syn666

Post by Syn666 Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:57 am

fredo wrote:Regarding the GM40 version, it's almost ready, but I'm waiting for H&K to send be a GM40 head to test and finalize it...
    Maybe it will come for Christmas !...

Awesome news. My GM40 is schedule to be delivered on December, 19th. I'll feel like a kid this Christmas!

Thanks for the hard work, Fredo!
    ronyx
    ronyx

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 8 Empty Insert a patch?

Post by ronyx Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:13 pm

Hi Fredo

Is there a way to move a patch, inserting between 2 other patches?
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:09 pm

No, not really, sorry...
    In library mode though, you could use the "move" command to exchange patches location (e.g. 1 <-> 10 = move patch 1 to location 10 and patch 10 to location 1).
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:14 pm

Have a look here Ronyx.  This isn't a finished professional piece of software like Fredo's app but it will allow you to do things with the patch set you create.  It is just a little utility which will allow you to load up, select, re-order and save patch sets to your heart's content.

GM36 File Manager

Hope it helps.

Rock On Humble Pie
    ronyx
    ronyx

Post by ronyx Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:19 pm

bordonbert wrote:Have a look here Ronyx.  This isn't a finished professional piece of software like Fredo's app but it will allow you to do things with the patch set you create.  It is just a little utility which will allow you to load up, select, re-order and save patch sets to your heart's content.

GM36 File Manager

Hope it helps.

Thanks Bordonbert!

Yes I will give it a try
    ronyx
    ronyx

Post by ronyx Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:20 pm

fredo wrote:No, not really, sorry...
    In library mode though, you could use the "move" command to exchange patches location (e.g. 1 <-> 10 = move patch 1 to location 10 and patch 10 to location 1).

Thanks Fredo. Was kinda saving that for last resort.

Have you played the new GM40 yet?
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:21 pm

Nope.... No news from my friend at H&K.
    I guess the end of the year is very busy for them, just like for the rest of us !...
    drewzee87t
    drewzee87t

Post by drewzee87t Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Hi Fredo,

Thanks a lot for your time responding to my earlier....

I do have an idea that has probably been fielded already, but what about a bulk editor? Maybe just a couple of add-ons for certain bulk-edits. For instance, I want to pull up a library and set powersoak to 18 watts on EVERY patch, or just the ones I select. Push go. Done, save file to amp or hard drive or whatever. That would save a ton on the powersoak issues. If there is a database of all this data in your app, that would probably not be too hard on it.

Okay, great work and thanks
    jodumaje
    jodumaje

Post by jodumaje Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi Fredo, your app works great! thanks for your job.
    I have a problem with the "settings", when i click the power soak mode to global, and I changeto 1W for example, it only changes the preset where I am, not global.
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Are you in library mode or amp mode ?
    The Global setting for power soak only works in Library mode.

Fredo
    jodumaje
    jodumaje

Post by jodumaje Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:18 pm

Amp mode, sorry! hehe, Now it works great, thanks! Smile
    mk
    mk

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 8 Empty AMP preset names not getting displayed

Post by mk Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:03 am

Hi fredo,

I just found your program today and I am testing it on Windows 10.  So far, switching between AMP presets works fine.  My only issue are the missing preset names used on the AMP for all presets.  Instead, the library ones are displayed.  Anything I am wrong or is this a bug?

MK

Thanks for your reply.  Got it now.  Unfortunately, I am using the Android app and the file format is different.  See attached.  I will go the manual route.
    Attachments
    PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 8 AttachmentAndroid My Settings.txt
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (42 Kb) Downloaded 9 times

Last edited by mk on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:32 am; edited 3 times in total
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:17 am

Hi MK,

Nope, nothing wrong, it's just that the amp does not store preset names, only the application does.
    If you have entered preset names on the ipad app, the only way to get them back on the PC editor is to retype them one by one :-/
    You could also use the ipad format import option in the editor to make the transfer : just share your ipad presets via email or other, get the file on you PC and use the load library button (it can take .gm36memory files from ipad). Once you are sure that everything matches what you have on your amp, use the "send to amp" button the synchronize everything.
    You have to be aware though that if you are using both the ipad app and the PC editor, you will never have the names synced between both (other than using this technique)...

Cheers,

Fredo.
    Syn666
    Syn666

Post by Syn666 Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:14 am

Fredo, since I think you're yet to have acess to the GMD40, is it possible to use the Android app for the 36 with the 40Deluxe? I just want to program new presets, no new, as of yet, to make use of the Global settings available on the 40Deluxe Ipad app, those I can program later on, but acess to channel EQ, Volume and Gain, as well as effects parametes, would come in handy...
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:05 pm

I don't have the GM40 head yet, and don't have an Android tablet either, but someone on the french Audiofanzine forum did try and it does not work :-/
    The next version of my app will be capable of reading presets from the Android app though.

Fredo.
    Syn666
    Syn666

Post by Syn666 Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Ok, Fredo, thanks for your input on this. If you were in Portugal, I'd gladly borrow you mine!

Keep up the good work!
    fredo
    fredo

PC and Mac editor available here ! - Page 8 Empty New version of the app with Library Editor and experimental GM40 support

Post by fredo Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:03 pm

Guys,

I just uploaded a new version of the App (Windows only for now) : http://ctrlr.org/hughes-kettner-grandmeister-36/
    I added a new Library Editor screen and experimental support for GM40. Also added support for loading library files coming from the Android App.
    If any of you own a GM40, I'll be glad to have some feedback !

Fredo.
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:32 am

The new version looks excellent Fredo, particularly the Library Editor which I really like and has been needed for a long time. Wink It looks as though it only has the ability to work with the current 128 voice file you currently have imported and that restricts you from performing some tasks. I know it is intended to work with the current patch list as an integral part of the application, but it does have the possibility of expansion to offer useful functionality beyond what the amp currently contains.

If I have a set of say 16 voices passed on to me by a member here and I want to incorporate them into my own list replacing some that are there, can that be done? It looks to me that you would have to use that 3rd party file in its original state with only the 16 patches loaded, or program them into your own list by hand. I could be wrong of course as it is only my first glance at the new version. So how about this:

a) As we are writing to text files and hoping these may get passed around and so can easily get corrupted, how about including the ability to simply Verify a file externally and report on simple format errors? (This may happen already during other actions of course.)

b) Can it be given the ability to import a number of separate file sections of maybe a few patches each and concatenate them into a bigger one? This would perhaps need to allow handling more than the standard 128 voices at one time but they would have to be trimmed before saving or uploading to the amp of course. That way it would make it easier to compile a new full file for a set list from a selection of patches in smaller files which are relevant to particular numbers or part sets.

Rock On Humble Pie
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:05 am

Hi bordonbert,

You should be able to do just what you need with the External File loading feature. It will allow you to load a second file in the Library Editor and use it as a source for copy/paste operation (once loaded use "Library / External" toggle to switch between both files).
    Give it a try and let me know if it works for you !

Fredo.
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:32 am

Yup!  Excellent piece of functionality Fredo.  I hadn't appreciated the Library/External switch's use.

I switched to 'External' and loaded a small file of 16 patches.  It added them into the first 16 slots over the ones which were already there.  Copying a number of those patches then switching back to 'Library' allowed me to paste them into the current set.  Works a treat, thanks.  The multiple selection with the [Shift] + [Arrow] keys is neat too.

EDIT: I just noticed the 'Clipboard Monitor' too. That's a clever bit of functionality. Don't know why that isn't done more often in other applications.

Rock On Humble Pie
    fredo
    fredo

Post by fredo Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:21 pm

OK, nice to ear you found your way to it ! ;-)
    In case you didn't notice, there is a bulk edit feature too : let's say you want to change power soak value on several presets at a time, you can select the desired presets and use the small sliders to update the value on all of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 am