The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

MIDI & MD-BT01 help please

ant46
    ant46

MIDI & MD-BT01 help please Empty MIDI & MD-BT01 help please

Post by ant46 Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:40 pm

Hey guys, new member here. Just got my GMD 40 about a week ago and absolutely loving it! After reading some posts here I decided to go with the Yamaha MD-BT01 wireless midi adapter rather than forking out the $200 for the H&K WMI-1. Unfortunately I can’t get it to work either alone or in conjunction with the FSM 432 midi board. I can’t even get the MD-BT01 to power up or come up in my iPad Bluetooth devices. No lights on the MD-BT01 light up. I plugged it in with the amp off as specified in the instructions then tried just about everything and every combination of hookups and nothing works. Has anyone been able to get this to work with the GMD either with or without the foot controller? Any advice or help you can give please?

Thank you very much
    spod2508
    spod2508

MIDI & MD-BT01 help please Empty Re: MIDI & MD-BT01 help please

Post by spod2508 Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:54 am

I had problems with mine as well.

A post on here had said that someone from Thomann had recommended this as an alternative to the H&K dongle but after buying it, it didn't work. After a bit of digging, it seems that the adapter needs to draw power from the GM40 but can't for some reason. It worked fine with some of my other MIDI pedals (Eventide Timefactor specifically) but not with the GM40 which is what I had bought it for so it went back to Thomann pretty quickly with a note saying that they prob shouldn't be recommending it as a direct replacement. In the end, I just used a standard USB-MIDI cable.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 am