The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

Has anyone ever found a amp VST that is Hughes, and Kettner clone like.

damnedinblack

Has anyone ever found a amp VST that is Hughes, and Kettner clone like.

Post by damnedinblack on Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:15 pm

I kind of thought this free plugin from Ignite Amps, called the Emissary, had some Hughes and Kettner Coreblade characteristics.

bordonbert

Re: Has anyone ever found a amp VST that is Hughes, and Kettner clone like.

Post by bordonbert on Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:37 am

I don't know as much about this stuff in terms of what is available on the market as you guys will but it interested me to notice that H&K are now posting Impulse Responses for some of their amps on their site.  They have the TM18 and TM36 available as downloads at the foot of their own page.  Looks like the digital revolution is going to catch them up and you can bet they will have their own contribution to it in the pipeline.

EDIT:  Just found the GM36 Combo is there too.  Maybe even more if you dig!
    damnedinblack

Looks like the Emissary actually was built into a real amp.

Post by damnedinblack on Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:49 pm

I just found this video, that shows they actually built the real Emissary into a physical amp, for some guitar player. I'm not sure that it will become a production amp.

I did see they did have a impulse of the GM40. I downloaded it but haven't got around to checking it out.

The only time I kind of felt using a impulse response seemed ok was when I used the Two Notes free BlendIr software to copy my own cab/speaker IR. There is something to say for being able to play the real amp, and hear a close facimale of the real amp's cab IR, that makes you feel more ok about it.
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Oh Holy Hell! affraid   That's not for me based on that review. Wink   I know it must represent your own musical taste but let me get mine out of the way first so you high gain death metal lovin' square wave chuggin' freaks can have the floor. Laughing   (Don't get sore, I'm laughing at myself there people hoping you are too.)

It's very probably a magnificent beast for that genre but does it play Bad Company and The Stones well?  How about the best little rock and roll band ever, Humble Pie in the Clempson years?  Never heard of them? Shocked  You guys... Rolling Eyes There's just no hope for you. Sad
    damnedinblack

Post by damnedinblack on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:14 pm

There are some sounds I didn't mind on that VST. The real amp has some interesting features. I think the hi mid, and low mid knob would be something I think would be good to have on more amps. It has two inputs, one goes to the lead channel, and the other input goes to the other channel. I think the guitarist who pushed for that design likes to have different pedals for each amp channel, which is something you can pull off in a Axe FX system, but not really in most normal amps.

Ever hear of the Amp One, which is a pedal that is designed by Thomas Blug who used to work for Hughes and Kettner. It sounds a lot like a Kettner amp, but doesn't have all the features of one. He says it is 100 watt amp, but it is a more micro tube stage pushing class D amp. It Weighs only 2 lbs, and is designed for gigging musicians that want a small system for travel.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:47 am