The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Saving Amp settings

Daveyz
    Daveyz

Saving Amp settings Empty Saving Amp settings

Post by Daveyz Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:16 am

Good morning all

I have just bought a 40 Deluxe and I have to say I love the tones. I got it yesterday and have a gig tonight so I am only trying to set the basics. Al I want to do is level the volumes of the four channels but I don't seem to be able to save the settings. I have experience of modelling (Line 6 POD XT Pro and Spider) so I understand the concept of knobs not reflecting the setting etc.

So, I dial in the setting on the channel volume and press the store button, until it flashes, but the channel button doesn't flash and the setting isn't saved. Fick it to another channel and back and I've lost the setting.

As far as I can tell, I'm following the manual to the word...does anyone have any tips?

Thanks

Dave

PS - I have the floorboard as well, so, if there is a way to do it through that, I'd love to know. I've yet to read the manual for that!

Daveyz
    Daveyz

Saving Amp settings Empty Re: Saving Amp settings

Post by Daveyz Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:37 am

Update...called GAK and describe what I was doing and it turns out that the manual that shipped with my amp is incorrect. The channel light should NOT flash and I can only save them with the MIDI board.

The chap at GAK was looking at the on-line manual, which is different.

Lesson leant there...

I have to say that the Hughes and Kettner hardware is excellent but their user instructions are absolutely rubbish.

Cheers

Dave
    JonnyNonsense
    JonnyNonsense

Post by JonnyNonsense Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:35 am

Plug in your board, make sure it's set to preset mode. Make your changes and hold down the 'save' button, it will flash for a second. Your preset is now saved Smile
    Daveyz
    Daveyz

Post by Daveyz Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:34 am

Yes Jonny. That’s what the GAK techie said. I was unaware that presets could only be recalled via the floor board so I was trying to save on the amp and, because the manual said that the channel light would flash, I was looking for it.

All ok now though. Thanks for the reply.

Btw - I gigged it last night and it is awesome!

Dave
    JonnyNonsense
    JonnyNonsense

Post by JonnyNonsense Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:27 pm

Glad you like it mate. I got my GM40 from GAK too Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:13 am