The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

5 posters

GM 36 and Midi Controllers

Teddis
    Teddis

GM 36 and Midi Controllers Empty GM 36 and Midi Controllers

Post by Teddis Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:59 am

Hi,
    I thought I might start a thread on this subject. I am using the FSM-32 MKIII , but find it limiting without adding switches, of which you can only add 2.

I would love to be able to advance through all the banks and select presets AND have IA's for boost , mod, rev , volume, etc.

I have a fractal MFC 101, may give that a whirl. Anyone using a ground control or similar ?

Thanks !
    HwyStar
    HwyStar
    Admin

GM 36 and Midi Controllers Empty Re: GM 36 and Midi Controllers

Post by HwyStar Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:25 am

I have the MFC-101 just like you (I also have an Axe FX II) but have not had the chance to use the FSM yet.  One thing at a time since I am about three weeks behind you.  I still need to dial in "my sounds".

I have a "One Control Crocodile" pedal looper control that I may play around with to see if it switches the GM36 properly via midi.  That would allow me to have 7 presets available to use per bank instead of four.  I could use the buffer in it.  Tuner output where I need it.  Volume pedal.  I have all three Strymons: Timeline, Mobius, Big Sky, yada, yada, yada..  Back to complicated, which I would really like to avoid. K.I.S.S. is the way I always prefer it - if I can.

Sorry I am not more help in answering any of your questions.  I hear yeah Man!  If you do play with the MFC let us know how it goes for you.  It does have a butt-load of buttons on it.

PS:  Nice Les Paul!  I like the whammy!

Last edited by HwyStar on Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Still learning how to type a post!)

Teddis

Post by Teddis Thu May 08, 2014 8:17 pm

So I bought an FS-2 to add to the FSM32 MKIII. Thinking that I would have control of 2 midi commands. WRONG. Comes with one TRS CONNECTOR. So I put it onto Control 1.
    I got switch number 1 to work......but I don't think the second switch is addressable. I guess you need to add 2 separate FS-1's. DUMB.

I sent HK support an email for clarification.
    HwyStar
    HwyStar
    Admin

Post by HwyStar Thu May 08, 2014 11:28 pm

How about getting a 1/4 TRS Female Y-Splitter to 2 1/4 Male TS connectors?  Like this one:  http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/live-wire-trsf-dual-1-4m-y-cable.  Guitar Center has the same thing:  http://www.guitarcenter.com/Live-Wire-TRS-F--Dual-1-4--M--Y-Cable-100278224-i1166828.gc

"I think" that would enable both switches on the FS1 into the FSM32.  That should work.  The inputs on the FSM are 2 conductors per input, one being ground, so a total of three wires.  The downside is you cant use a volume pedal but I think we have both decided not to go that route anyway.

I'm just thinking! That will get us both into trouble. Don't follow me - I'm with him!

namklak

GM 36 and Midi Controllers Empty midi controller to mimic "tap" of the FSM32

Post by namklak Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:20 pm

Y'all,
    Have the FSM32 but want to use my Line6 HD500X during performance.  I'm can't seem to find info on how the FSM "tap" button works - anyone?  I want to program my HD tap button to do the same thing...
    Thanks,
    -Bob
    PaulChina
    PaulChina

Post by PaulChina Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:20 am

Teddis wrote:So I bought an FS-2 to add to the FSM32 MKIII. Thinking that I would have control of 2 midi commands. WRONG. Comes with one TRS CONNECTOR. So I put it onto Control 1.
    I got switch number 1 to work......but I don't think the second switch is addressable. I guess you need to add 2 separate FS-1's. DUMB.

I sent HK support an email for clarification.

Hmm, i was thinking of doing this too, 2 FS-2 switches to get the added functionality. I won't bother now. I am currently using a Boss FS-6. A single unit that has 2 seperate connections. Better than carrying 2 single switches i think. Smile
    klauerman
    klauerman

GM 36 and Midi Controllers Empty Using a double footswitch with TRS output

Post by klauerman Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:32 pm

So I have a footswitch I made that has 2 switches and a TRS output. I use what you might call an "insert" cable to connect it to the expression ports of the FSM 432 mkIII. Basically this is a cable that has 1 TRS connector at the switch that breaks out into 2 1/4 TS connectors. This works great and I now have it set to control modulation on/off with the first switch and boost on/off with the second switch.

Interestingly, I find the modulation on/off will only work if the patch has modulation.

In other words, I don't think I can do what I wanted to do, which is to be able to turn on, say, phaser like a stompbox when I go to solo or whatever.

Have any of you guys tackled this?

There is one other oddity about using the footswitches in the expression ports - you have to actually kick it once to get it involved, and then you can use the on/off function. So if I want to remove boost from a patch that has boost, I have to hit it twice........

Kurt
    klauerman
    klauerman

GM 36 and Midi Controllers Empty H&K FS-2

Post by klauerman Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:35 pm

I forgot to mention, my pedal is the equivalent of the H & K FS-2.

To be clear I believe that if you have 1 FS-2 pedal you could control both controller 1 and controller 2. I don't think you could add 2 FS-2 and control 4 controllers, there are only 2 controllers available.....

Hope that helps....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 am