The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

3 months old tubemeiter 36, suddenly squealing and popping noises & no output

kapeliotis
    kapeliotis

3 months old tubemeiter 36, suddenly squealing and popping noises & no output Empty 3 months old tubemeiter 36, suddenly squealing and popping noises & no output

Post by kapeliotis Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:27 am

Hello, as the title describes, suddenly my TM36 started doing those weird squeals, "pop"s, throught the speaker. I also get no output (tested multiple cables).

On the TSC, one valve flashes a bit more after the others stop indicating "overcurrent"

its the valve "3 out of 4"

i tried swapping valve 3 to 4's position and it still shows "overcurrent" on valve 3

ps: i m using the stock valves

any suggestions?
    patmurris
    patmurris

3 months old tubemeiter 36, suddenly squealing and popping noises & no output Empty Re: 3 months old tubemeiter 36, suddenly squealing and popping noises & no output

Post by patmurris Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:10 pm

Not sure what's going on with your TM36, but calling customer service seems a good option for a three month old equipment...

When you say over current on valve 3, what's the status of the leds on the TSC? Your description is unclear.
    kapeliotis
    kapeliotis

3 months old tubemeiter 36, suddenly squealing and popping noises & no output Empty Re: 3 months old tubemeiter 36, suddenly squealing and popping noises & no output

Post by kapeliotis Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:13 pm

hey man, i just changed the power tubes and it works like a charm. one of them was broken probably because of carrying it around carelessly, Lesson learneed :p
    patmurris
    patmurris

Post by patmurris Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:16 pm

... well i thought about asking whether anything happened to the amp, like moving or taking a hit but decided it was too obvious... lol Rolling Eyes

Glad it could be fixed with just a tube swap. What did you put in?
    kapeliotis
    kapeliotis

Post by kapeliotis Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:18 pm

found those gems Wink
    [img]3 months old tubemeiter 36, suddenly squealing and popping noises & no output 44894410
    [/img]
    patmurris
    patmurris

Post by patmurris Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:42 pm

Nice.
    They look quite vintage. Where did you get them?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:41 am