The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

Monitoring?

Bungo
    Bungo

Monitoring? Empty Monitoring?

Post by Bungo Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:30 pm

Hi all

New bloke here, very happy user of GM40 Deluxe and previously 2x Switchblades.

I was just wondering if anyone had any simple ideas for how to better monitor myself live?

I play in a simple pub band, drums, bass and guitar backline and vocal PA. Vocal monitors but instuments are not miked up.

I realise that I like to hear myself slightly louder than is good for the audience mix, so was wondering if anyone had found a good way of perhaps taking a line from the red box and using that for some sort of personal monitor (in ear even), and what equipment is needed?

Thought I'd seek the wisdom of the forum before re-inventing the wheel!

Cheers! Very Happy
    slmadsen
    slmadsen

Monitoring? Empty Re: Monitoring?

Post by slmadsen Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:57 pm

I would do something like the Yamaha DXR10 or DXR12. This will take an xlr from the redbox, so you could place it in front of you like a monitor wedge.

EDIT: I've never tried this setup, but it should work. As far as I know, it's a FRFR monitor, so that may be a problem.
    onyir
    onyir

Post by onyir Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:52 pm

Yes, from the Red Box output (with cabinet emulation on) to an active monitor (like the yamahas mentioned by @slmadsen) will work. I've done that before with a Tubemeister without issues
    Bungo
    Bungo

Post by Bungo Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:03 am

Thanks folks.

Good to hear others thoughts too?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:01 am