The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

GM 36 midi preset issues

ptms

GM 36 midi preset issues Empty GM 36 midi preset issues

Post by ptms Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:11 am

It seems to me (I could be wrong) that the preset program numbers and midi numbers are one and the same, unlike other midi units......

If I want to load up the first 15 midi preset locations (1 thru15) on my Rocktron All Access controller and choose H&K's programmed sounds from the many that came with the amp, I would have to copy over the original presets put in positions 1-15 by H&K. (Unless of course I move the 1st 15 to higher numbers first).

This is not the usual way that midi/preset manipulation works and I may be getting something wrong...thus the cry for help here.

My Kemper acts differently, leaving the preprogrammed presets in their original positions while simply changing the midi locations for each.

Any ideas or input would be appreciated.
    HwyStar
    HwyStar
    Admin

GM 36 midi preset issues Empty Re: GM 36 midi preset issues

Post by HwyStar Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:44 pm

H&K support is pretty good on replying to users if they are having issues. The link to their support is here: http://hughes-and-kettner.com/support/contact/

I have never used their support but I did reach out to them about this forum and eventually they got back with me, but it took a while.

What you are doing sounds correct. They are not complicated commands to control the amp channels, but with midi you never know...

jsims234

Post by jsims234 Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:54 pm

I don't believe the GM has midi mapping, but the All Access appears to. Look at page 30 of the manual you can download from rocktron.com under support. They have manuals for discontinued products. For any given All Access patch, you can send up to 16 (1 for each midi channel) independent patch changes. So, you could have patch #1 on your All Access change the GM to patch #33 for example.

I do this with my Ground Control and my ADA MP-1 and GSP1101 (different patches for each unit by using midi mapping in the Ground Control).

I hope this helps.

-John

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 pm