The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Overdrive pedal for TriAmp Mark II - any advice?

tpambrose2
    tpambrose2

Overdrive pedal for TriAmp Mark II - any advice? Empty Overdrive pedal for TriAmp Mark II - any advice?

Post by tpambrose2 Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:52 am

I love my TriAmp Mark II, but would like a few more tone options. I've started looking at overdrive pedals to put in front. I want to get a good bluesy drive sound on channels 1A/1B. I'd also like to get a bit warmer and more Marshally sound on channels 2A/2B.

I saw a post where someone suggested a TS really warmed up 2A/2B. Might also be a good place to start for 1A/1B?

Any favorites?

Thanks,

-tom
    tpambrose2
    tpambrose2

Overdrive pedal for TriAmp Mark II - any advice? Empty Re: Overdrive pedal for TriAmp Mark II - any advice?

Post by tpambrose2 Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:58 pm

Well, I decided to just go with the classic, Ibanez TS808 Tubescreamer.  So far so good, still dialing in the settings like amp EQ and gain vs overdrive and tone on the pedal.  Of course, differences between channels 1a/1b and 2a/2b, various guitars and pickups, etc. also play into it quite a bit.

I'm having fun at least.

-tom
    Phil_T
    Phil_T

Overdrive pedal for TriAmp Mark II - any advice? Empty Re: Overdrive pedal for TriAmp Mark II - any advice?

Post by Phil_T Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:41 pm

I’ve used several OD pedals throughout the years for different styles using my TriAmp Mk I... and each pedal does well in its own way — out of the 4 OD’s in my toolbox, (Ibanez TS10, Ibanez STL Super Tube, DOD Overdrive/Preamp 250 and Fulltone OCD), the OCD is the one I use most for everything.

Albeit, I’ve used it mostly for an Adam Jones-type of rhythm push, (the others, I’ve used for more of an 80s shred-wank to help produce that extra kick, where AMP 2 is lacking.

But I dig the OCD most of all for its dare I say, natural feel.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:00 am