The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Transparent knobs for Tubemeister

wolfix

Transparent knobs for Tubemeister Empty Transparent knobs for Tubemeister

Post by wolfix Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:33 pm

I thought it would be cool to have transparent knobs with easy-to-see black lines; this is what I found...

"Stove top" knobs at http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/Push-On-Knobs-for-Pedals-Other-Projects/ADA-Flanger-Clear-Push-On-Knob#.VAzJTfldU1I .

These knobs fit fine on the shaft, however, I had to trim the diameter of each knob with a Dremel to get it to fit all the way into the control panel holes. I took the original knob and traced a line around the new stove-top knob with a permanent marker, then trimmed the excess. Keep in mind, when I trimmed the knobs with a Dremel, it was less than a perfect look, but with the blue light, the knobs look great, as you can see in the photo.

I also found a plain round transparent knob at https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10597 .

These knobs fit perfect without any modifications. I used a black permanent marker to make a straight line on the knob.

I like the look of the stove-top knobs better than the plain round knobs...

See the photos... to show everyone the difference between the two knobs, I put one of the round knobs on the left. After the photo, I replaced the round knob with a stove-top so the whole panel matches.

Transparent knobs for Tubemeister 10653813

Transparent knobs for Tubemeister 10600611
    namklak
    namklak

Transparent knobs for Tubemeister Empty Re: Transparent knobs for Tubemeister

Post by namklak Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:59 pm

That does look nice - if it didn't involve trimming I do that....

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:33 pm