The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

Using TSM-432 (rather than FSM-432) with GMD-40

gwilk13
    gwilk13

Using TSM-432 (rather than FSM-432) with GMD-40 Empty Using TSM-432 (rather than FSM-432) with GMD-40

Post by gwilk13 Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:09 am

A couple of weeks ago I bought a GMD40 and I am very pleased with it. However, I decided not to get the optional FSM-432 MIDI foot switch as I already have a Triamp Mk 3 which came with what I now realise is the TSM-432.

Now that I'm using the TSM-432 I see that it isn't quite the same as the FSM-432. The preset mode works as expected, but in stomp box mode (perhaps not surprisingly, now I come to think of it) the first six switches are interpreted as "channels" in a similar way to they are for the Triamp Mark 3, which does indeed have 6 channels. The first two "channels" are clean the next two are crunch followed by Lead and the last two are Ultra. The Boost switch works as expected.

I realise this is not a disaster. I can see that a couple of extra "channels" in stomp-box mode could be quite useful, and I can configure each of the channels to have different settings, although the channel type (clean, crunch, lead and ultra) does seem to be fixed for each switch. However, I would like to be able to switch FX in/out while in stomp box mode.

Does anyone know a way to reprogram the TSM-432 to work like the FSM-432 or to reassign the individual switches on the TSM-432 to allow this?
    I think I can see how I can do it with an additional MIDI controller, but would prefer not to (although on another read I did see some interesting options that look quite small).

Thanks,
    G

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:23 am