The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

4 posters

FSM-432 footswitch - reassign the "Tap" button?

malc_p
    malc_p

FSM-432 footswitch - reassign the "Tap" button? Empty FSM-432 footswitch - reassign the "Tap" button?

Post by malc_p Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:53 am

I'm sure it should be possible, and H&K may have missed a trick if it can't be done - (in preset mode) to reassign the FSM-432 controller's "Tap" switch to one of the controller numbers? I'm thinking it would be SOOOOOOOOO useful if it could be Boost (#64) or Delay (#53) On/Off, for example? I have no use whatsoever for the "Tap" functionality so it's a wasted button, for me...
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

FSM-432 footswitch - reassign the "Tap" button? Empty Re: FSM-432 footswitch - reassign the "Tap" button?

Post by bordonbert Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:39 am

Hi Malc_p. Yes, I take your point, it won't be used too often as a dedicated timing switch for the delay. As far as I know there is no way to reassign the button to any other function. I notice you specified "in Preset mode" so you obviously know your stuff there as in swapping over to Stompbox mode for direct button switching. The best you could do is to add another independent footswitch to the FSM432 and assign that to the function you want. I have done that before myself and it worked well.

Rock On Humble Pie
    BAB_ART
    BAB_ART

FSM-432 footswitch - reassign the "Tap" button? Empty Re: FSM-432 footswitch - reassign the "Tap" button?

Post by BAB_ART Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:57 pm

Maybe it's off topic but I made a foot switch two years ago to control all MIDI parameters of my grandmeister 36 on stage, I think it works with most models of amps H & K , and it's fully customizable, plus I added Tap Tempo Delay ...:
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:14 pm

That sounds interesting BAB_ART. I use a FSM432 for my GM36 which does everything I need but I've done a similar thing for my Marshall JVM205H which has much less functionality to control. I gutted a Marshall Modefour footswitch with 6 switches on it and fitted an Arduino board and my own custom interface board. I needed to hack Marshall's control coding and design the right type of line driver which is specific to the Marshall. The programming was actually pretty quick and easy though I have programmed as part of my job and it wasn't anywhere near as complex as other stuff I have been involved in. I'd love to hear about the one you have set up.

I for one would be interested if you maybe started a thread on that specifically. How about in the "Anything Else That Needs To Be Talked About" section?

Rock On Humble Pie
    BAB_ART
    BAB_ART

Post by BAB_ART Tue May 01, 2018 9:36 am

That's a good idea. For me, the weakness of this amp is that there are too many settings and too many parameters and finally too few knobs and that's why I made this controller. So I'll start a thread on this topic
    damnedinblack
    damnedinblack

Post by damnedinblack Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:02 am

BAB_ART wrote:That's a good idea. For me, the weakness of this amp is that there are too many settings and too many parameters and finally too few knobs and that's why I made this controller. So I'll start a thread on this topic

Where is this thread?
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:47 pm

I've just started a thread on this topic for us to post info on how we may have approached this DiB.  It hasn't any responses yet but give it a little time. :0

EDIT: Should have said it's in the "Anything else..." forum. Embarassed

Rock On Humble Pie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm