The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

Bought a TM36

fnugen
    fnugen

Bought a TM36 Empty Bought a TM36

Post by fnugen Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:45 pm

I loved the TM5 so much, but I just COULD NOT get past the drive button slamming me with 10x the volume every time I would hit it. I did the next logical step, I bought a TM36. cheers

Loving this even more than the TM5. My only question is this is my first real good amp, and the power soak is really cool, but am I using it correctly?? I play in the basement and I was using the 36w with master vol down to almost off. With no real volume going through the amp, is it hard on the tubes/valves?? I am going to start playing with the power soak and try maybe 5w and 1w output. I then assume I can drive the master up, and bring the drive down and utilize the amp for what it should be used for........drive the tubes hard? Aside from the TM5 (with no real settings to be dealt with) this is my only tube head. I want to make sure I am doing this right so the tubes are not in any real "danger" from my low volume playing. Keeping tone and the fatness of the crunch and lead channels is not a bad idea either. Thanks all. Officially my 2nd post on the forum.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:01 am