The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

Question about redbox AE setup

martialartst77
    martialartst77

Question about redbox AE setup Empty Question about redbox AE setup

Post by martialartst77 Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:05 pm

Please bare with me as I am an absolute newbie with connecting cables, ins and outs, and other equipment. I am recently the proud new owner of a grandmeister deluxe 40 Smile Was just wondering if the red box function would work with any audio interface,like say an axe fx 2? I want to use the red box function coupled with the axe fx(as an interface) with my studio monitors as my output for sound. Is this a safe setup? I keep hearing about something called a loadbox. Do I need one in this case? Could I just hook up the studio monitors directly to the grandmeister and play out of the monitors with the redbox engaged? Just want to make sure I don't blown anything up lol I've read through the user manual and it dosent really give any specifics in regards to the redbox function
    onyir
    onyir

Question about redbox AE setup Empty Re: Question about redbox AE setup

Post by onyir Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:32 am

Hi. You can use it with your Axe FX without issues. The grandmeister has an internal loadbox that automatically engages if you turn on the amp without a speaker plug-in (although I think it's a good precaution to check that's the case before you get it off stand by). You can also engage it with the buttons at the back.
    Just bear in mind that the output form the RedBox is line level, and normally quite hot, so you might need to select that option in your Axe FX or pad the signal.
    Irocdave12
    Irocdave12

Post by Irocdave12 Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:58 am

You should be able to go direct with the monitors off the Redbox. I've heard of others using it that way without issue

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 am