The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

Duotone Guitar Test

melpi65
    melpi65

Duotone Guitar Test Empty Duotone Guitar Test

Post by melpi65 Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:50 pm

Hi guys,

I would like to share a video with my Duotone Combo, i hope you like it:

Thank you!

bordonbert and solidwalnut like this post

bordonbert
    bordonbert

Duotone Guitar Test Empty Re: Duotone Guitar Test

Post by bordonbert Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:31 am

Thanks for the useful and unusual post Melpi65. I have to be honest, I've rarely heard a Duotone actually used to play music before. That was nice tasteful high accuracy playing and a really good tone. From what you played the Duotone seems to have great dynamics and touch response. For my taste, in most reviews and example vids, there is too much emphasis on chug-chug-chugging and the way people perceive that same old rhythm should sound as it was laid down in the Book of Metal back in historic times. I've a newfound respect for that amp now, it can really play music.

Rock On Humble Pie
    melpi65
    melpi65

Post by melpi65 Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:09 pm

bordonbert wrote:Thanks for the useful and unusual post Melpi65.  I have to be honest, I've rarely heard a Duotone actually used to play music before.  That was nice tasteful high accuracy playing and a really good tone.  From what you played the Duotone seems to have great dynamics and touch response.  For my taste, in most reviews and example vids, there is too much emphasis on chug-chug-chugging and the way people perceive that same old rhythm should sound as it was laid down in the Book of Metal back in historic times.  I've a newfound respect for that amp now, it can really play music.

Thank you! and thank you for watching!

This amplifier is a really good one for many styles, i like it a lot....I always tested the Tubemeisters but this is something differente, more dinamics and headroom Smile
    colejustesen
    colejustesen

Post by colejustesen Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:53 am

Excellent tone! I don't have the combo, but I do own two of the heads. I loved my first one so much, I decided to buy a backup. This is fantastic example of the kinds of tone that can be had. Like Bordonbert mentioned, there is definitely an emphasis on the "chug" kind of rhythm tone, and this is different to that. Great feel in this track too!

Cole

bordonbert likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:15 am