The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Tone downloads

Dolby55
    Dolby55

Tone downloads Empty Tone downloads

Post by Dolby55 Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:20 pm

Anyone know of a preset for Streets with no name? Or how do I get a delay sound like that song.  I believe it’s 376 dotted eighths.  Any help appreciated!
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Tone downloads Empty Re: Tone downloads

Post by bordonbert Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:03 pm

It will be difficult to get exactly as he seems to use two delays with different settings through separate amps. Here is a good starting point I found with a lot of analysis and detail. Streets Delay Settings This guy seems pretty obsessive (maybe anal?) about his accuracy of following the Edge's sound. Have a look at that and see if it helps. At least you should know how the original sound is produced.

I think you will be hard pressed to get a really authentic sound with just the single delay you have, but what you can get will be a compromise and should be enough to get a decent feel and flavour of how Edge plays the song. Maybe just set it up by ear and be forgiving of yourself.

Rock On Humble Pie
    Dolby55
    Dolby55

Tone downloads Empty Re: Tone downloads

Post by Dolby55 Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:37 am

Thank you. You were correct that is one detailed explanation!!

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:09 am