The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

tubemeister 36 tubes and tech support

w2rtv

tubemeister 36 tubes and tech support Empty tubemeister 36 tubes and tech support

Post by w2rtv Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:09 am

i have a tubemeister 36 ..6 months old..i have been trying to get through to tech support on their lame support page with no avail here in new York...I am getting 13 flashes on the tubes which according to the book is a pretty high voltage rating...this unit gets hot ..so hot I have installed a cage fan that fits perfect along the back vents...earlier on the amp starting sounding pretty bad in about 15 minutes or so...pulled all el 84 and sure enough one of the stock tubes tested for shorts.. I have purchased new jj el84 for the drivers and jj ecc83 for the drivers..all tubes flash perfectly now with auto bias feature to 13 flashes..why is this amp biasing such a high voltage ? ..no matter what tubes I put in I never have less than 12 or 13 flashes. on power up tubes 1 and 4 light pretty bright then after a few seconds look ok...seems like a pretty wicked current surge when first turned on. any help would be appreciated.
    bish0p34
    bish0p34

tubemeister 36 tubes and tech support Empty Re: tubemeister 36 tubes and tech support

Post by bish0p34 Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:04 pm

Go to their Facebook page. They're super helpful, and usually respond within 24 hours on weekdays. The H&K website is useless.
    w2rtv

tubemeister 36 tubes and tech support Empty tubemeister 36

Post by w2rtv Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:33 pm

thanks but I am not on facebook...to bad I cannot upload photos here..i took the bottom off and the soldering is a complete disaster..i cannot believe this an H&K product..you can see everywhere even on the driver sockets it is getting so hot it has reheated the solder and caused it to crystalize..been playing for 35 years and its the biggest POS ive ever seen..doesn't sound bad but not great..sad thing is if your a power soak user..well..all I can say...is .. I hope your smoke alarms are working.
    bish0p34
    bish0p34

tubemeister 36 tubes and tech support Empty Re: tubemeister 36 tubes and tech support

Post by bish0p34 Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:15 am

I think Yorkville is still their distributor, and you can contact them. If you can't get I touch with them, you can PM me your email address, and ill pass it along to them through the Facebook site. I talk to them quite a bit.
    w2rtv

tubemeister 36 tubes and tech support Empty yorkville

Post by w2rtv Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:19 am

yes they finally got back to me and sent me to the Yorkville site but it looks like its for dealers only..if I decide to keep it I will take you up on the facebook offer..thank you for your help
    bish0p34
    bish0p34

Post by bish0p34 Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:16 pm

No problem.
    streuth
    streuth

Post by streuth Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:08 pm

w2rtv wrote:yes they finally got back to me and sent me to the Yorkville site but it looks like its for dealers only..if I decide to keep it I will take you up on the facebook offer..thank you for your help

That's what I thought but it's not just for dealers. I filled it out (one day woke up and no sound at all) and they got back after a few days.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:22 am