The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

4 posters

Thinking of selling my multi effects and TM 18 and going for GM36

Jacksc5

Thinking of selling my multi effects and TM 18 and going for GM36 Empty Thinking of selling my multi effects and TM 18 and going for GM36

Post by Jacksc5 Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:21 pm

I'm not happy with my multi effects (line6 fire hawk) and wanted to know if the GM 36 would be enough on its own? I play in a covers band mainly playing rock/indie rock and the odd bit of cheesy pop.
    Should I go GM36 and ditch mfx or TM36 and try a different board?
    Thanks
    gravydb
    gravydb

Thinking of selling my multi effects and TM 18 and going for GM36 Empty Re: Thinking of selling my multi effects and TM 18 and going for GM36

Post by gravydb Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:57 am

I was in a similar boat last year - I had a TM18 and a G-System.... awesome rig but I found myself wanting more oomph/gain than the TM18 could provide. Also, while the G-System is spectacular, I decided that it was a bit too much for me, if that makes any sense... the level of control that you have over the fx paramenter is virtually infinite, which seems cool at first but in reality I felt like I was chasing my tail, constantly tweaking every little thing, and honestly I just got tired of it. I decided to simplify my rig, and the GM36 has been a great solution.

The GM36's fx are nowhere near as sophisticated as the G's (no surprise there)... but are they good enough? Absolutely.
    Jacksc5

Thinking of selling my multi effects and TM 18 and going for GM36 Empty Re: Thinking of selling my multi effects and TM 18 and going for GM36

Post by Jacksc5 Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:02 pm

Thanks for this. Really scratching my head with this. I'll probably only use 3/4 effects so multi effects are probably too much for me after all then.
    ConradK

Post by ConradK Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:35 am

I went from a boss gt100 and a analogue pedalboard with 17 pedals to the gm36 by itself with a volume pedal

SO YES it cdm be done - I play similar music to you
    namklak
    namklak

Post by namklak Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:03 pm

I initially used a Line6 HD500X in 4CM with the TM, then I switched to the GM and use just a cable from the HD to the GM front guitar input. I use the HD for volume pedal, wah, Tube Screamer, buffered gain, EQ, noise gate, compressor, and for MIDI control - works GREAT!!!
    The GM effects are good but standard issue, so for my 70's southern rock band I get by... If you want anything "cool", stick with a real processor in 4CM mode. If you are covering a variety of modern pop, I'm not sure you can get all you want from the GM built-in effects. But remember, the GM offers 128 patch memories, of which I am already using 28. So the GM offers modeling with tubes - yea buddy!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:41 pm