The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

Crackling and popping and the GM 36 cut out

John_M
    John_M

Crackling and popping and the GM 36 cut out Empty Crackling and popping and the GM 36 cut out

Post by John_M Fri May 27, 2016 11:23 pm

I panicked. I knew this would happen. I cycled the power. Nothing.

Then I realized the cord came out of my guitar.

Love this amp! Sounded great Crackling and popping and the GM 36 cut out B76B2541-92EF-4AF2-9CBD-782951EAB2B9_zpsbiu8w2ie
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Crackling and popping and the GM 36 cut out Empty Re: Crackling and popping and the GM 36 cut out

Post by bordonbert Sat May 28, 2016 9:26 am

Hahaha! Don't feel bad Dave, it's universal amongst us intellectually challenged members of society who play guitars. I've just done exactly the same thing this morning at a rehearsal for a depping job. Thank the Lord Harry they aren't looking for someone kewell. geek That looks a magnificent setting. How come all of my gigs are in seedy pubs up sleazy back alleys?

Rock On Humble Pie
    John_M
    John_M

Crackling and popping and the GM 36 cut out Empty Re: Crackling and popping and the GM 36 cut out

Post by John_M Sun May 29, 2016 8:00 am

Thanks B. I was initially worried because my gear came out of a cool dry basement studio to my warm humid car to my warm humid gig on the water. Figured condensation would happen and screw my night up. More just posting to let all know that it's not all negative out there!

I Def need to adjust the setup of the rig. We got to the gig and over the off season the venue installed their own house sound that we would then plug direct into. So not only a new guitar rig but a big adjustment to our pa setup. So I was way out of comfort zone. Then guitar goes south and I look down at the board and say. That's it tube screamer and a Blues Jr from now on. Luckily it didn't go pear shaped as I thought

Crackling and popping and the GM 36 cut out B64946F7-6CB4-4B04-9BFD-462682DA26EE_zpsdgugb43d
    stargazer747
    stargazer747

Crackling and popping and the GM 36 cut out Empty great pic of GM36

Post by stargazer747 Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:36 pm

John_M, I am glad it was a loosened guitar cable and not the amp! That is a great picture of the GM amp near waterfront, where was this venue you performed at, I to went head over heels for this amp, I have been a solid state amp guitarist for almost my whole life of playing and could not find a tube amp that fit my needs, tried Marshall DSL 15, Orange Dark Terror 15, then I discovered this little monster.

Curious, what speaker cabinet do you use with your GM? If you look at my forum avatar, I have two 1x12" connected to the amp, a white EVH & a Blackstar both Celestions and I can use both with a Palmer PCABM cabinet merger box I found on amazon for $50.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:56 pm