The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Also Just Arrived....

billgwx
    billgwx

Also Just Arrived.... Empty Also Just Arrived....

Post by billgwx Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:32 am

...from Sweetwater yesterday. Took it out for use at a rehearsal yesterday and programmed a few of the same presets I had on the GM36. Which of course I found out doesn't translate...the voicing of the GM40 is such that the EQ and gain of GM36 presets will definitely have to be tweaked if you want them to cut through the mix in the same way. I don't want that to "color" my impression of the GM40 so I have work to do.

Oh and then there's this: https://youtu.be/6Y6TuOfNFbk
    Phryght
    Phryght

Also Just Arrived.... Empty Re: Also Just Arrived....

Post by Phryght Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:07 am

billgwx wrote:...from Sweetwater yesterday. Took it out for use at a rehearsal yesterday and programmed a few of the same presets I had on the GM36. Which of course I found out doesn't translate...the voicing of the GM40 is such that the EQ and gain of GM36 presets will definitely have to be tweaked if you want them to cut through the mix in the same way. I don't want that to "color" my impression of the GM40 so I have work to do.

Oh and then there's this: https://youtu.be/6Y6TuOfNFbk

Will be interested to hear how you compare to the GM36. I had a tough time choosing between the 36 and 40 as I purchased a "scratch and dent" 36 from Musicians Friend and loved it. It had issues though and the effects would turn off by themselves, so I just returned it. I got the 40 for the same price as a new 36, so i went for that one.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:41 pm