The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

MD-BT01 and the GM40

xmuddis
    xmuddis

MD-BT01 and the GM40 Empty MD-BT01 and the GM40

Post by xmuddis Wed May 17, 2017 1:58 pm

Has anyone gotten the MD-BT01 to work with the GM40 yet? If so, can someone tell me how? I purcased the MD-BT01 because the WM-1 is still on backorder via Sweetwater, and I am impatient.... lol

But when I plug in the MD-BT01, it won't power up at all.. No lights, nothing..... Anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening?
    ant46
    ant46

MD-BT01 and the GM40 Empty Re: MD-BT01 and the GM40

Post by ant46 Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:44 pm

Hey xmuddis I know this is an old post but hoping you have since sorted this out. I’m having the same problem and can’t get the MD-BT01 to work. No power lights, no connection or anything. Any advice? Thank you
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:03 am

This sounds as though it could be caused by some incompatibility in the phantom power feature which it should use? I can't really see why.

Standard MIDI supplies +5V on pin 4 of the amp's Out socket (interface's In socket) as in the case of the MD-BT01. The GM36 (so presumably the GM40D) supplies that through the usual 220R resistor. The H&K system for powering the FSM432 is usually to supply +22V on the additional 2 pins, (6 & 7), of the MIDI In socket on the amp.

It would seem that you have power for the interface so it has to be something simple. Have you got the plugs in the correct sockets? The interface Out should go into the amp In and vice versa.

Rock On Humble Pie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:54 pm