The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Is anyone using Rocktron switch/loopers with their Grandmeister 40?

Xandros
    Xandros

Is anyone using Rocktron switch/loopers with their Grandmeister 40? Empty Is anyone using Rocktron switch/loopers with their Grandmeister 40?

Post by Xandros Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:30 pm

I'm just getting into this midi thing...  i have a Rocktron Midi Raider and two patchmate loop 8 floor switches, although I may just end up using one floor switch.  This is quite the learning experience and is taking a while to get the hang of the setup.  Anyone else out there doing a similar setup and also using the midi functionality of the Grandmeister?
    j200george
    j200george

Is anyone using Rocktron switch/loopers with their Grandmeister 40? Empty Re: Is anyone using Rocktron switch/loopers with their Grandmeister 40?

Post by j200george Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:56 pm

I use a boss es-8 for midi, generally though I’m only selecting a preset on the gm40/ engaging boost etc nothing too complicated.
    Xandros
    Xandros

Is anyone using Rocktron switch/loopers with their Grandmeister 40? Empty Re: Is anyone using Rocktron switch/loopers with their Grandmeister 40?

Post by Xandros Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:58 am

So you're using other effects though your es-8 and not the ones on the GM40? That's also something that I'm coming to terms with... I have sooo many pedals, but am considering de-cluterring and moving towards using the effects on the head
    j200george
    j200george

Post by j200george Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:13 am

Yep that's the way i am headed but the GM40D only takes you so far really. An eventide H9 via say the space time alogrithm brings a whole other dimension with delays etc giving rhythmic effects and the like.

I overdosed on overdrive pedals when i had the Mesa Lonestar Special taking full advantage of its excellent cleans but couldnt for the life of me get the dirt channel to sound anything other than stale, hence the reason why i got several pedals.

I cant get the most Marshally type tones or a tweed tone fully from the GM40D, my music is for more vintage voicings. I am not into the Death Metal vibe much (prolly cause i wont drop d or I cant sweep pick) ;-)

I love my Wampler velvet fuzz, and I love the xotic BB+ preamp pedal. I also am quite fond of the Plexi Drive.

Many of my patches that are already set up in my Boss ES-8 are set with these pedals so in some cases I am still using the GM40D as a warm clean and having the pedals do the work.

Just need to spend the time tinkering... i might get to the point where all i have is a compressor and say TWO Eventide H9s (one for VERB and one for Delays) but to get there i need several deep dive sessions tweaking my GM40D presets and programming the patches on my es-8.

Its all great fun, but sadly its not my full time job! :-)

Xandros
    Xandros

Post by Xandros Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:24 pm

Thanks for the reply j200george! I hear what you're saying with the eventides... I suspect that the configureability that my Strymon delay offers will be more substantial. That being said though, I'm just a simple guys with simple needs... don't really need anything too fancy, so long as I can get the basic functionality out of it. famous last words though huh? I have the pedals now and re-purchasing them in the future might not be as easy, so I think I'll hang on to them for now... at least until I'm able to give the GM40 a good workout Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:30 pm