The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Factory Resetting presets

Xandros
    Xandros

Factory Resetting presets Empty Factory Resetting presets

Post by Xandros Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:53 am

Good morning all!

I finally hooked up my midi controller to my GM40 and was very pleased to find that it was pretty much a plug and play experience.  I was able to select the banks and check out all the presets... only I found that the presets didn't always reflect what the name of the preset... so I'm wondering if perhaps the presets were over written by people checking it out in the store.  I'm considering doing a Factory reset on the head, however I'm a bit paranoid about doing that... the instructions say that it will wipe everything out, but will it actually restore the presets back to the factory set presets?  Or will they we wiped out too?  Is there a way to restore just the factory presets back to the original setup with having to do a complete factory reset?
    Xandros
    Xandros

Factory Resetting presets Empty Re: Factory Resetting presets

Post by Xandros Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:58 pm

Update - I went ahead and just did the factory reset... all the H&K pre-installed presets are still there Smile
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:26 am

Sorry Xandros, I didn't see your post in time.  Yes, the factory reset just puts it back into the condition it should have been in when you bought it brand new.  Do you have the reference H&K .PDF file of all of the original presets?

For anyone who hasn't found it yet:  GMD40 Factory Preset List

Rock On Humble Pie
    Xandros
    Xandros

Post by Xandros Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:08 am

bordonbert wrote:Sorry Xandros, I didn't see your post in time.  Yes, the factory reset just puts it back into the condition it should have been in when you bought it brand new.  Do you have the reference H&K .PDF file of all of the original presets?

For anyone who hasn't found it yet:  GMD40 Factory Preset List

Thanks for thereply Bordonbert! and the link to the presets!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:10 pm