The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

Control GM with Line 6 HX Effect

Jerome7557

Control GM with Line 6 HX Effect Empty Control GM with Line 6 HX Effect

Post by Jerome7557 Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:29 am

Hi everyone,

I am new on this forum and don’t know nothing about midi controller. I wonder if I can control my GM40 with the new Line 6 HX Effect. For what I read on this new Line 6 product it seems possible, but actually what I need to know is Can I use the HX Effect like the FSM-432, and get a preset (channel + EQ + Gain) with a click ?
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Control GM with Line 6 HX Effect Empty Re: Control GM with Line 6 HX Effect

Post by bordonbert Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:51 am

I'm no expert on MIDI, there are others on here who know more than I do, but I think you should be able to do that. The GM36 stores its programmed patches inside the amp not in the FSM432 pedal. It only requires the right code to be sent to it for it to select the patch you want and apply all of the settings within that patch. I believe it's simply a Program Change PC command with the patch number you want to select. That should be standard on your controller. There is a reference to it on Page 36 of the manual. The first table is Bank/PC which would seem to be what you want.

Rock On Humble Pie
    Syn666
    Syn666

Post by Syn666 Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:27 am

To the OP: yes, that's how I do it with the Line6 M13. But you've asked an interesting question, at least for me, since I bought a HX Effects to replace the M13.

I've just started programming some sounds on the HX using the basic amp tones I tweaked on the GMD40, selecting only channel changes via MIDI with the M13.

The MIDI implementantion on the HX is at first glance quite different from the M13; when I have the time to look at things, which due to travelling on business will only happen in a forthnight, I drop a line in here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:26 am