The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Equalizer switching Cab / RedBox

Maximus92
    Maximus92

Equalizer switching Cab / RedBox Empty Equalizer switching Cab / RedBox

Post by Maximus92 Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:00 am

Hey!

I need some help...I´m playing in two bands, where I use the GM40. In one band I play over the Red-Box and in the other band I play with the 212 Cab of H&K. I dont take that cab with me but just leave it in the truck. At home, I create my sounds with the Red-Box. However, played on the 212, they are simply screaming and have way too much treble. But I want to sound good on both bands.

Do I really need to make two different presets for every sound? I use about 20 sounds...so 1-20 for band A and 21-40 for band B? That means double work for every change I make to one sound...I would always have to repeat that on the other sound as well. I would like to have a Global EQ and change the global setting for the GM for the gig depending on cab, but as long as I understood that right, the "Presence" and "Resonance" are the only thing i could set globally...unfortunately I change them also in Preset-Mode so a global setting of Resonance and Presence wouldnt work for me. Im a bit worried as well, if I would have to play on another cab with other sound-characteristics.

Thanks for any ideas!

Max
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Equalizer switching Cab / RedBox Empty Re: Equalizer switching Cab / RedBox

Post by bordonbert Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:39 am

Do you use the control app at all Maximus? If you do then you could push your settings out into a file on a PC or laptop and manipulate them there. You could set them up once and push the two sets out into two files, one for RedBox and one for Speakers. You then just load them up as and when you need them.

I kind of like your idea of being able to adjust all the patches globally too. I have an app which I wrote many years ago before Fredo's more finished one came on the scene. His is far better than mine which was very basic but I could use that as a base to offer some global editing of controls within a file. I'm not envisaging this for anything other than in a file, no live amp control for example. Maybe adjust all of the volume and tone controls in every patch to a fixed amount of rotation or a selected percentage above or below their current level across the board. If that would help and we can come up with a sensible scheme for what we are going to control then it would be pretty easy to do.

Rock On Humble Pie
    Maximus92
    Maximus92

Post by Maximus92 Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:01 am

Thank you very much for your reply! I use the Grandmeister Remote of Fred on Desktop. Its really helpful to organize the Sounds. Yeah something like a "Autochange" of Sounds to a mirrored area would be awesome. However, I think this might be a bit more complicated than thought if it should be generic and for the use of other users as well. I will do the task now by copying all 20 Sounds to a few preset banks later and adjust the treble. So I have all sounds with me and can use either the ones for the red box or the other ones for the cab. A software version with a few automatisms to mirror the sounds would be awesome, but I dont know whether I should bother someone with this, since this might be a problem only I face Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:28 pm