The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

Can I disable my Blue LED Lights!

Bulbus
    Bulbus

Can I disable my Blue LED Lights!  Empty Can I disable my Blue LED Lights!

Post by Bulbus Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:09 am

Hey guys. Been lurking a while. First post...

I love my Tubemeister 36! Is been my only amp for the last three years. I love it but I’ve always thought it looks better off than on! I love the look of the clear plexi glass and I just want to see those tubes glow by themselves haha. Also honestly at night in my dark studio the blue leds so bright it actually hurts my eyes!

Am I able to unplug the leds without affecting the amp? I’m pretty sure It would be fine but I thought I’d might as well ask as you guys seem super knowledgeable!

Glad to be a part of this forum.
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Can I disable my Blue LED Lights!  Empty Re: Can I disable my Blue LED Lights!

Post by bordonbert Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:17 pm

Hi Bulbus.  Yes you can disable them as long as you can get into the lower compartment without invalidating any warranty.  There is a proper procedure for removing the top cover or the bottom panel so you don't do that.  If you don't know it let us know and we can post it up for you.

The wires for the LEDs go down the right side of the front perspex panel and into the bottom compartment where they simply plug onto a 2pin mini connector on that end of the PCB.  If you remove that plug from the board the LEDs will turn off.

Here is a link to a thread on another forum:  TM36 Internal View  Post #12 shows the TM36 from below with its bottom panel removed.  The plug you are looking for is the white one on the far right edge with the black heatshrinked wires on it just between the input jack and the reverb module PCB.

EDIT: Should have added that a good way to stow this is to simply put it back on the 2 pin connector moved along one pin so only one pin is pushed in place and the other is sticking off the end of the connector and connected to nothing. It won't matter that the connected pin is on the wrong terminal. As a single connected pin there isn't any current flowing but that way it can't flap around.

Rock On Humble Pie
    robyhood
    robyhood

Post by robyhood Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:52 am

I would suggest that, if you are able to do and are out of warranty, you could add a switch to enable/disable blue light on the fly as you wish.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:50 pm