The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Zoom 8050 Midi Controller

Madtone
    Madtone

Zoom 8050 Midi Controller Empty Zoom 8050 Midi Controller

Post by Madtone Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:57 pm

Hi all. Well excited as I’m just about to order a GM40. I have an old Zoom 8050 midi controller which I’m 99% convinced will work fine with the amp. However just to make sure, do any of you knowledgeable sorts on here know for certain if it will work or will I have to buy the H&K controller. Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Madtone
    Madtone

Zoom 8050 Midi Controller Empty Re: Zoom 8050 Midi Controller

Post by Madtone Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:44 am

Amp arrived today, all been a bit fraught as the first one delivered last week was damaged and had to go back. A loose bit of metal hanging down inside the amp from the top (heatsink perhaps). All replaced without fuss by Thomann. Anyway, I can now answer my own question which is that the Zoom pedal does indeed work and it works very well. I’m amazed that 30 year old technology still works, no built in obsolescence here.

As for the amp, awesome. I’ve  only just scratched the surface with the presets but sounds fantastic. Think the game is taming the gain for decent cleans, but whatever it’s going to be fun
    Jereth
    Jereth

Post by Jereth Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:36 pm

Madtone wrote:All replaced without fuss by Thomann.

I used to work for Thomann back in the late 90's/early 00's. I filled internet orders for shipping. They've pretty much always stood behind their products. Good to hear that they're still keeping up with customer satisfaction.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:51 pm