The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

5 posters

HELP with FSM-432 MKIII

kc_290
    kc_290

HELP with FSM-432 MKIII  Empty HELP with FSM-432 MKIII

Post by kc_290 Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:17 pm

First off, very happy to be an H&K owner, I seriously love this thing. However, I am very upset by how difficult it is to use this midi controller. It could be that I am technologically deficient, but I seriously can not get this thing to even change channels. I really don't care about the presets so much, I just want to change channels without having to do it manually on the amp. The pedal is lit up as it should be, everything looks to be hooked up right; Midi Out on the pedal to Midi In on the head. Even in Stompbox mode it will not switch channels. The whole reason I got this thing was because of how "easy" it's supposed to be to save presets and switch channels... What gives? Please help.
    jimmybond
    jimmybond

HELP with FSM-432 MKIII  Empty Re: HELP with FSM-432 MKIII

Post by jimmybond Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:20 pm

Not sure what is happening. Midi out on pedal and midi in on head and it should work. Mine is plugged into the Midi-in on the wifi controller, but same idea.
    JonnyNonsense
    JonnyNonsense

Post by JonnyNonsense Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:56 am

Yeah, I echo what Jimmy says. Plug it in and it should work.

Is anything happening at all when you press the buttons?
    kc_290
    kc_290

Post by kc_290 Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:07 pm

Nothing happens. The pedal will select 1 through 4, but nothing changes. I can hit Store on the amp and hit the channel button on the pedal to store it and nothing happens, the Store light stays on. Like I said, even in Stompbox mode, nothing changes.
    JonnyNonsense
    JonnyNonsense

Post by JonnyNonsense Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:14 pm

I think you have a faulty pedal, amigo. Unless it's something going wrong in the amp itself.
    kc_290
    kc_290

Post by kc_290 Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:17 pm

That's what I'm thinking... I got it second hand. I guess I have to shell out $200 for a new one
    smurf211
    smurf211

Post by smurf211 Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:11 am

Check midi config on the pedal and ensure the channel matches the amp. I have mine set for channel two. My 11r is set for channel 1. Might try omni receive or dedicate to specific channel, eg 2. Same with ipad / wmi. - hth
    Ravensha
    Ravensha

Post by Ravensha Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:19 am

I have been using a Voodoo Labs GCP as my MIDI switcher.
    Overall it has worked fine - but sometimes I find that I may need to reboot the amp or pedal before it would really work. Things have been quirky.

Then last week, I could not get it to communicate with the amp at all.
    I am using a 5-pin midi cable, with an AC adapter to the switcher.

What I can do, is use the WMI-1 wireless midi interface, and switch channels with my iPad.
    So I think the amp is fine. (last show, I was literally doing all my channel switching by hand with the iPad. That sucks ass.)

So, while I am thinking I need a new midi switcher - I really do not want to buy the H&K switcher.
    It is too limited. I want a full board, where I can program anything I want. I still need to spend some time and test with my previous rig (Boogie MK V, RJM switcher, with the GCP) to see if there is an issue with the GCP, or if there is some weird interaction between the H&KGMD40 GCP.

I know none of this really helps the OP.
    Just venting. I have a show tomorrow, and will probably have to do another night of iPad channel switching.

On the plus side - this amp has been a champ, and my main gigging amp for over a year now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:40 am