The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

TM36 fx loop problem- please help!

Matt86
    Matt86

TM36 fx loop problem- please help! Empty TM36 fx loop problem- please help!

Post by Matt86 Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:17 pm

Hello, just joined to seek the advice of seasoned tubemeister players.

Long story short: everything was fine, then my TM36 head got knocked off a 1x12 cab, now I get intermittent drops in volume, unless I turn the fx loop off.

With the loop off I have no problems.

Before I pay a local company £78 per hour, does anyone know how to fix this or what is causing this?
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

TM36 fx loop problem- please help! Empty Re: TM36 fx loop problem- please help!

Post by bordonbert Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:09 pm

Welcome to the forum. Sorry that your first post is something so serious.

There is nothing obvious I can suggest here. Such a strong whack to the amp could have caused almost anything. It could be something really simple such as a dislodged connector (unlikely with the connectors used inside), or it could be really serious like a cracked PCB. I would really suggest that you get it looked at by a tech unless you know your way around the insides of high voltage equipment. That's primarily for your own safety but also to prevent you making a bad situation much worse by simple ignorance of what to do and what not to do. There is a wealth of incorrect info out there!

You could try a factory reset of the software. There are more glitches caused by corrupt software than people realise and they can usually be sorted out by simply resetting to the factory state. If you do try that then make sure to back up any patches you use before you go ahead and reset it as these will be reset to default settings too. This is covered in the manual.

Rock On Humble Pie

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:15 am