The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

How to make a 5 pin connector?

PaulChina
    PaulChina

How to make a 5 pin connector? Empty How to make a 5 pin connector?

Post by PaulChina Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:16 am

Well, I've taken delivery of my GM36, (What a carry on that was!) It is not available in China....
    So my problem is this; I need a connecting cable to use the ipad app. I can't find one in my city. No one has 5 pin DIN sockets so i have had to get them sent. The connection is a 5 pin to one in the irig. How do i do that? Which of the 5 (DIN) connections do i use? Thanks in advance for any help/advice Smile
    normula1

How to make a 5 pin connector? Empty Re: How to make a 5 pin connector?

Post by normula1 Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:31 pm

If I read this correctly, you have the recommended iRIG MIDI interface and just need a couple of MIDI cables.

If you're making these yourself, use a good quality shielded cable and here's the pinout:

http://www.leadsdirect.co.uk/technical-library/pinouts-wiring-diagrams/din-midi-wiring/

Cheers,

JEff
    PaulChina
    PaulChina

Post by PaulChina Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:49 am

Hi Jeff, thanks for the reply. No, I'm not making these my self. A guy here (in China) is going to make them for me. Sadly midi is not common here at all so he knows very little about it. So i need to be able to explain to him how to wire both ends. Do you know how to wire the 2.5 jack end? I'm afraid you (or anyone else) needs to treat this as telling an idiot, (me!) I need to know how to wire both ends, then i can explain to the man in China... What a Face

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:33 pm