The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

Tuner in fx loop

Madtone
    Madtone

Tuner in fx loop Empty Tuner in fx loop

Post by Madtone Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:41 am

Ok weird question I know and probably one for bordonbert, but I have a logical reason to want to do this, but not sure if what I want to do will work. Let me explain...

I use a wireless setup into my GM40 with a very short cable and use no other external fx. I use wireless as it cuts out electrical interference/background hum (particularly in my house) that I was getting with running cables from guitar to amp.

I don’t want to introduce two longish cables (from wireless to where I play, back into amp) to have the tuner in front of me when I play as the background noise will return.

So I am considering putting the tuner in the fx loop, setting up a “tuner” patch (clean and with fx loop engaged).

My question is when I want to tune up, will the tuner mute the guitar if it’s in the fx loop? My hope is this should work (if my understanding is correct) as the signal path is in serial pre amp>fx loop>power amp

Many thanks in advance for your help/advice 😃

Planoflyer82 likes this post

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:19 pm