The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

3 posters

WMI-1 after iOS 14 update

Th0R1n
    Th0R1n

WMI-1 after iOS 14 update Empty WMI-1 after iOS 14 update

Post by Th0R1n Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:07 am

My WMI-1 connected to GM40d doesn't communicate with my iPad after Apple iOS-14 update. Sad

Anyone encounters the same problem? Any solutions or should I wait for a GM40 remote app-update by H&K?

Gr, Th0R1n
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

WMI-1 after iOS 14 update Empty Re: WMI-1 after iOS 14 update

Post by bordonbert Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:14 pm

Oh dear. These things are very common with OS updates of all platforms nowadays. Is there no improvement after uninstalling the existing version of the app and reinstalling it again? You should also make sure to purge all caches and storage for the app too when you uninstall it. It can be a pain in some cases to have to re-enter everything again but it does mean you won't be left with any settings related issues if those may be preserved.

I haven't heard of any other problems around this and, as you can see, no one else has reported it here. I'll ask H&K on their Facebook page. That's really the best way to get a quick response from them, (and you can make it public so they almost can't ignore it).

Rock On Humble Pie
    Rlchaplin
    Rlchaplin

Post by Rlchaplin Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:37 pm

Mine did the same thing. I have been without the use of my WMI-1 for a couple months now, very frustrating! Months of preset development and I can’t even use them now.
    There is a known issue with IOS-14 involving WiFi. My reply from Hughes & Kettner support on October 22 was that they ask for our patience on this issue. They are working with the app developer and Apple to find a solution.
    I’m surprised more people aren’t talking about it because it is a real problem!

Regards,

Russ
    Th0R1n
    Th0R1n

Post by Th0R1n Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:44 am

After the iOS 14.2 update from apple the WMI-1 operated as normal. Without any change to the app by H&K.

I'll guess the apple iOS update solves the problem for everyone.

I think the case is closed.
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:38 am

Excellent news guys.  Good to hear it is fixed with just the update of the OS.  So the mighty Apple falls from the tree eh?

Did you contact H&K on FB Russ?  I got nothing back from my efforts this time.  Their response depends on what else is going on in their world, that used to include trade shows and the like.  That's why email is not a good way to contact them as they only use social Media while they are away from the office for ease of access (sigh, as is everything nowadays).  Never mind, least said soonest mended.  Great work.

Rock On Humble Pie
    Rlchaplin
    Rlchaplin

Post by Rlchaplin Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:36 pm

Great news! I won’t be home for a couple days to try it out. H&K actually responded from customer support on there web site but it took a couple weeks. I had never considered FB until it was mentioned here.
    Thanks for the update!
    Russ

bordonbert likes this post

bordonbert
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:50 am

I've just come across this older thread again. Did you get this sorted Russ. It would be good to just have confirmation that the iOS update fixed the issue for you too.

Rock On Humble Pie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:53 am