The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

GrandMeist

jonathan
    jonathan

GrandMeist  Empty GrandMeist

Post by jonathan Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:39 pm

I have a question, I've heard a few things about the voltage regulator that the newest amps don't need them or others say that you do or it depends where you live.
    I live in usa, in an apartment building,  I don't know much about the tube amps, my wife gifted me a H&K GM40.
    My question is that if do need the voltage regulator?
    bordonbert
    bordonbert

GrandMeist  Empty Re: GrandMeist

Post by bordonbert Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:39 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "The Voltage Regulator" Jonathon. Do you mean that you have a GM40 built for the wrong mains voltage, that is a maybe UK/European one which you are trying to use in America? Other than that I can't think what that voltage regulator would be.

There is no requirement to have any additional kit to run up your amp as long as the mains voltage in your area matches what the amp was built to expect. If that is the case then all you need to do is to look on the back of the amp under the mains socket and check that the mains voltage there matches your own wall outlet.

Let me know if I have got this right or what you mean if I have it wrong..

Rock On Humble Pie

jonathan likes this post

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:20 am