The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Saving presets via Helix

Pipwat1234
    Pipwat1234

Saving presets via Helix Empty Saving presets via Helix

Post by Pipwat1234 Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:00 am

Hi there, I’ve just purchased a deluxe 40 without the FSM floorboard and wondered if it’s possible to copy and paste presets to other destinations without the app or floorboard? I’m going to be using a Helix with snapshots to go to saved presets via midi but would like to have my clean, crunch, lead sounds etc. all saved on the 40 and then copy them to new locations so I can tweak them from there. Is this possible? If so how do I do it as there’s obviously no way of seeing which preset you are on on the 40.
    Any help appreciated. 🙂
    Sabaism
    Sabaism

Saving presets via Helix Empty Re: Saving presets via Helix

Post by Sabaism Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:07 am

Hi,

the Helix will not be able to show the name of the presets stored on the GM as no two-way communication between those two devices is implemented.
    However, you may already have saved your sound on the GM at various program change numbers.
    What you can do is, that you send program changes from your Helix to the GM when you change a preset or a snapshot on the Helix.
    I think this stuff is listed under the "command centre", sorry I do not remember the correct name, but your possibilities are more or less without a limit, the Helix really shines in this department.
    If you want to alter a sound and then call it using preset or snapshot change, all what you have to do is set a different program change number to send by your helix, fiddle around, hit the store button and call the preset/snapshot from your helix. The modified sound will be saved at the new location.

Essentially the copy/paste preset routine for the GM is:
    - Select Program to copy,
    - Hit store, store LED blinks,
    - Select program change where it should be pasted to, store LED blinks twice,
    - done.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes
    Jo
    Pipwat1234
    Pipwat1234

Post by Pipwat1234 Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:06 pm

Hi Jo, thanks for this.
    I’m having trouble getting the Helix to control the HK GM via midi at all at the minute. Not sure I’m assigning the Helix pedals correctly and it seems a bit sketchy finding out exactly what I need to put into the Helix for it to communicate. Does the HK learn midi commands when it’s in store mode? Pip.
    Sabaism
    Sabaism

Post by Sabaism Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:51 pm

Hi Pip,
    In the control center of the Helix you can determine which midi command should be sent when you change a patch or press a button.
    Have you found the control center yet and are you familiar with it?
    "Learn" Midi commands is not exactly what I would call it. In terms of Control Changes: they are predefined and cannot be changed.
    The program changes are just for calling a distinct program. If you hit the store button and send a program change to the Amp, the actual configuration will be associated with that program number, so if you mean this by "learn" you are on the right track.

Could you give me short example of what you intend to achieve? In that case I may be able to give you a better hint on how to get your Helix and Grandmeister to do what you want.

Cheers,
    Jo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:51 am