The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

+3
barrymclark
Teddis
HwyStar
7 posters

What are your thoughts after using the iPad app with your GM36?

VoodooJeff
    VoodooJeff

What are your thoughts after using the iPad app with your GM36? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are your thoughts after using the iPad app with your GM36?

Post by VoodooJeff Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:45 pm

the idea of different banks for power soak settings is brilliant, and solves one of my most frightening experiences....forgetting to reset it after rehearsal! I`ll set up back at the home studio and damn near blast the back door off every once in a while. I think I`ll handle that this evening.

As far as cables, trust me, I LOVE only having to run a long midi cable from the controller (my pedal board) to the amp. My H9 lives next to the amp head on the cab and is connected by short patch cables, so the only audio cables I have are what connects guitar to amp (guitar -> wah -> amp, to be specific).

My H9 is also controlled (programmed) via the laptop, albeit bluetooth (and nevermind the sh*tstorm eventide is having to deal with regarding the grumblings about an android app), but it`s otherwise free of any kind of midi relay, which I truly appreciate. Different platform alltogether, but one I have a fondness for.

One of the things I absolutely love about the app is that I can adjust the amp from a distance, so as to replicate what the audience hears. Setting an amp while you`re right in front of it on the verge if it tearing your face off sucks, and rarely projects the sound you actually want heard.

The app is a blessing. No doubt. Even it`s shortcomings make the amp more useful than anything short of a fully programmable modeler. I`ve played through a Kemper and an Axe Fx and both are nice, but at double the price neither is double the performance.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:33 am