The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

2 posters

Advice on hardware needed to set up midi control app for Android would be good

bordonbert
    bordonbert

Advice on hardware needed to set up midi control app for Android would be good Empty Advice on hardware needed to set up midi control app for Android would be good

Post by bordonbert Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:02 am

Despite working in software I've never worked with midi before so have no experience to draw on.  I'm perfectly comfortable with using the midi pedal unit to set up voices on the amp and store and recall them, it's exactly the same principle as the Blue Face Valvetronix I used for years, but I'm interested in going further than that.  Can anyone tell me what hardware is needed to get real time control of the amp via the Android tablet app, (note that's the Android version not the iApp for iPad so the iRig is out).  As I currently see it, I need only a midi interface which connects to the tablet via USB, then to both the footswitch unit and the amp via midi cables.

I'm using the H&K FSM432 so that is standard, and I imagine I need a universal midi interface to go along with it.  Any suggestions as to which is suited to a minimalist approach to it?  I don't need any bells and whistles just the necessary to talk to the amp.  Everything I look at seems to just say "iRig", and if it starts with an "i" I don't really want to know!  Razz  (It's not that Apple is bad gear, just that I think it is over-hyped for coolness and too damned insular and controlling.  I can actually do more things than Apple want me to with more generic kit.  Wink )

So any ideas about Android compatible gear to achieve this?
    namklak
    namklak

Advice on hardware needed to set up midi control app for Android would be good Empty Re: Advice on hardware needed to set up midi control app for Android would be good

Post by namklak Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:00 am

I suggest reading through the thread PC editor here. For the USB to MIDI interface, there are many references to unis that will and won't work

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 4:49 pm