The Hughes & Kettner User Forum

The Unofficial guitar amp and cabinets forum for users of Hughes and Kettner products. We are not affiliated with Hughes and Kettner!!

Triamp Mark 3 - Channel 2B brightness

boyedav

Triamp Mark 3 - Channel 2B brightness

Post by boyedav on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:58 am

I love just about every aspect of my Mark 3, however channel 2B seems way too bright, even for "80s Brown Sound". Early EVH certainly had a lot of top end sizzle, and Slash's UYI tones were on the bright side, but 2B seems to be those to an excess and without enough low end to balance it out. I've tried tube rolling and various cabinets, and some of it helps, but not enough.

Has anyone else experienced this? I don't think there's anything wrong with my amp, just how the circuit is voiced.

Does anyone know if I can just change the value of a capacitor or something else to tame this, or is there a schematic available?

Thanks!
    Cina

Re: Triamp Mark 3 - Channel 2B brightness

Post by Cina on Tue May 02, 2017 9:29 am

Have you tried just using the neck pickup or tone knob on your guitar? Or the presence knob on the amp? Or EQ on 2B? Plenty of flexibility.
    KernelSanders

Post by KernelSanders on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:50 pm

boyedav wrote: channel 2B seems way too bright, even for "80s Brown Sound".

This has not been my experience.  I run Channel 2B at around 11 o'clock for treble with mids around 2 o'clock.  But in a similar issue my Channel 1B is very bass heavy, I'm not very familiar with Voxs (Voxes? Voxen?) but I don't think they are supposed to be this bass heavy.  I usually run Channel 1B with the bass almost all the way down.
    bordonbert

Post by bordonbert on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:12 pm

I don't know the Triamp at all but could this be down to your differing speaker choices? As we all know H&Ks are very fussy in this respect.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:29 am